2-way audio with HIK camera

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Hikvision camera DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL which has 2-way audio, using their HIK app 2-way works great!
However, Is it possible to get 2-way audio working with the BI app? Currently I can only hear what the camera microphone picks up, I'm not able to talk back.

Thanks!

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi BassTeq, did you get anywhere with this?
I have the same camera, currently set up by my desk.
Iterestingly I can get the audio working both ways on the webui and the BI mobile app. But the audio from the camera mic to PC is OK but the audio from the PC to the camera speaker is really noisy and unuseable.
I haven't tried the HIK app, just the web interface and the BI app.

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi BassTeq, did you get anywhere with this?
Howdy, I had a similar experience, the audio from mic to camera to terrible. I tried this a while ago, maybe its improved with newer BI versions, I'll have to try the latest.
Can you share the screenshots of your camera settings?

I did some investigation into how audio can be sent to these hik cameras, and I discovered this Аудио оповещение через аудиовыход камеры Hikvision (TwoWayAudio) - iTuneDVR (you'll need to translate it) but it talks about sending the audio in chunks to ensure smooth playback. I hadn't tried it, but was going to see if it worked successfully, then let Ken know so he could do similar in BI.

The source code also has a comment to this thread : TwoWay Audio problem

Cheers

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you share the screenshots of your camera settings?
I am attatching sreenshots of all the pages I have changed from defaults both in BI and in the Hik WebUI.
I am new to all this so have followed info from here and YouTube. Any advice on improvements most welcome.
I am running BI V5.5.1.13 x64.
Thanks for the links to other posts on this, I'll have a look at them.
Regards

As another thought on this. I was contemplating sending it back for a refund. It's sold as 2 way audio so should work. Anyone any thoughts on that? And any sugestions for an alternative?

Screenshot DS2CD BI Alerts.jpgScreenshot DS2CD BI Audio.jpgScreenshot DS2CD BI General.jpgScreenshot DS2CD BI Record.jpgScreenshot DS2CD BI Trigger.jpgScreenshot DS2CD BI TriggerAI.jpgScreenshot DS2CD BI TriggerConfig.jpgScreenshot DS2CD BI Video.jpgScreenshot DS2CD BI VideoConfig.jpgScreenshot DS2CD BI Webcast.jpgScreenshot DS2CD WebUI Audio.jpgScreenshot DS2CD WebUI Basic Info.jpgScreenshot DS2CD WebUI Video Main Stream.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, I sem to have got it working, at least in the webui. I set up a different usb headset (just a cheap creative one) and it worked.
I guess there mt be some config needed on the other one I was using (a mobile phone headset pluged into the audio jack on the PC).
My settings are all as in my screenshots above. I had to adjust the volume settings for the mic in windows but it is now clear and audible.
Now to try it in the BI interface.

Update:
It's working in the BI Android app but the output to the camera is noisy again.
I would guess thats a volume setting but I can't find one in the Android app?
It doesn't work in the BI Interface itself. I think that may be down to the fact that I am accessing it via a windows remote desktop connection.

Last edited:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Regrets that I do not have any info to help you resolve this. However the information you've posted is a great contribution towards helping others that may encounter this problem.

Thanks!

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Windows RDP does not support audio, at least in Blue Iris.
I think you may be right. I did find a setting in Windows RDP to enable local mic. But, sadly it didn't make any difference :(
Is there an alternative remote desktop app for widows that does enable audio in and out from the local machine than anyone knows of?

RDP.jpg

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found this thread on here that references the audio using RDP.
It does make plain that you can't get audio to your local machine using RDP but only when running BI as a service. Aparently, if you just run it as an application it does work.
This thread only discusses audio in from the camera and not audio to the camera.
I haven't tried this as running as a service is pretty key imho.
As an alternative they suggest using the UI3 in a browser.
Does anyone know, is it possible to get audio out to the camera using UI3?
I don't appear to have that option in mine.

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, I seem to have got it working, at least in the webui. I set up a different usb headset (just a cheap creative one) and it worked.
Is there a button on the UI to enable the mic? I can hear the audio by using the volume slider.

1634770703465.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The mic is unavailable with UI3. You need the BI app if you need mic support. Or go to the actual BI computer and open up the BI console.

BassTeQ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The mic is unavailable with UI3. You need the BI app if you need mic support. Or go to the actual BI computer and open up the BI console.
Ahh right, I thought the earlier poster had it working, and was curious to how.

Cheers