200GB MicroSd Card used in a Hikvision Cam

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone used a 200GB MicroSD Card with Hikvision Camera? Will it work? I cab buy it at a very gd price but don't know if it will be compatible with my DS-2CD2335F-IS (V5.4.20 build 160726)

Thank you.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If it is a "good price" is is likely counterfeit.

I am using 128gb cards in my hikvisions w/o an issue.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's not counterfeit. I have test it and already bought it. I will get back with a feedback in a few days.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It works for now, will see how it will behave when the card gets full.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The card is full now and I can confirm that cyclic recording does work! The 200GB card will last for ~9 days (1920*1080, fps 25, Max bitrate 4096 Kbps, Max. Average bitrate 2048 Kbps, H.265+ ON).

->

->

Reaction score
I at first wondered about life expectancy, but it seems all Flash has improved dramatically in this so maybe it isn't a concern rewriting the whole card every 9 days.

But do you actually need 25 FPS? If something happens might it be better to have a lower FPS but have more days backed up to the card? I can't tell from your original post if you have an NVR or Blue Iris as well and are preserving weeks of recordings or events (and in that case the SD card is just a backup option).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For what its worth I have a 16 GB card in a camera in my kitchen that records on motion and it fully rewrites every week or so. Still works after several years. Though I think this was a card branded for surveillance, and I would have bought a trusted brand.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For what its worth I have a 16 GB card in a camera in my kitchen that records on motion and it fully rewrites every week or so. Still works after several years. Though I think this was a card branded for surveillance, and I would have bought a trusted brand.
I bought it at a bargain price as I said before and I don't have to give explanations why I need this amount of storage. If you don't need it or can't afford it use your 16GB memory card, I don't need only motion detection I need it 24/24. This post was intended to confirm that Hikvision cameras support 200-256GB SD cards for whom this information might need in the future not to show how cool I am with a 200GB SD card.

Best regards,

Reaction score
Good info eXtremer, but I think @bp2008 might have been addressing my wearout comment.

If you continue to rewrite it frequently it would also be good info if the flash continues to be reliable storage after 1-2 years for you.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you continue to rewrite it frequently it would also be good info if the flash continues to be reliable storage after 1-2 years for you.
And how am I supposed to know how it will behave after 1-2 years? :) Will wait and see, after 1-2 years I will get back with a feedback till then I'll pray.