2020 r3 new install - Cameras work in mobile only a few minutes.

mateck

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello: I have only 6 cameras (2 and 4 megapixel) on this new system with Essential+. After a few minutes I lose the ability to see cameras on the mobile app & web app. I get "connection lost" It will still work on the smart client perfectly. And this is not a network problem because I can Open a web browser on the server itself and go to127.0.0.1:8081 had experienced the same problem. The only way I can get those cameras back is to restart the mobile server. And even then, sometimes when I click on a camera to make it full screen, it disappears. So the sub stream is working, but when I call Falls screen, the mainstream is not working. I just got connection lost. I'm with the mobile app, I just can't see the cameras. it's all very sporadic, hit or miss, but the client works fine. I reloaded the operating system and software twice today. No effect. Any ideas? Thanks.

mateck

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. But also, it's not just the mobile app that is not working. It is also the web app. And that web app doesn't work on the LAN or the WAN. Meaning if i go to 127.0.0.1:8081 it fails - unless I stop and start the mobile service. Then it works ... for awhile. I've done a hundred milestone set ups but this is a first for me having this problem.

Ryan_C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes it’s funny you should bring this up I’ve noticed some issues with the mobile server lately as well.

I was having trouble with my mobile app on an android and noticed there was a recent update on November 12

mateck

n3wb
Reaction score
I just logged on to 127.0.0.1:8081 and not cameras at all - just lost connections. I restart the mobile server and they all come back up. But i don't think that will last long. I wish I could load an earlier version of essential+ but they don't allow that for the free license. It has to be the latest version. very frustrating as I'm sure it is a but.

Ryan_C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you look at the mobile server logs to see if you identified any issues with what the error may be, causing the issue?

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes it’s funny you should bring this up I’ve noticed some issues with the mobile server lately as well.

I was having trouble with my mobile app on an android and noticed there was a recent update on November 12
Same here, I'm running 2020R1and the mobile app playback is sluggish/broken, Live view is OK. Must be something to do with the app itself, because the system was working fine till I got the new Android update recently.

Connecting via the web interface :8081 works fine.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes. But also, it's not just the mobile app that is not working. It is also the web app. And that web app doesn't work on the LAN or the WAN. Meaning if i go to 127.0.0.1:8081 it fails - unless I stop and start the mobile service. Then it works ... for awhile. I've done a hundred milestone set ups but this is a first for me having this problem.

What hardware are you running this on and how many cameras do you have set up ?, The Mobile server puts an extra load on the CPU, how about trying it from another machine on the network rather that the recorder itself ?, instead of localhost.

mateck

n3wb
Reaction score
I only have 6 camera on a i5- 10th generation. So this thing is massively oversized for six camera.

I did get it working though - someone at the Milestone form kindly helped me by having me turn off the mobile hardware acceleration. This solved the problem right away. Not sure why. Here are the instructions in case anyone else needs to do this: Support Community Thanks.

Reaction score
I only have 6 camera on a i5- 10th generation. So this thing is massively oversized for six camera.

I did get it working though - someone at the Milestone form kindly helped me by having me turn off the mobile hardware acceleration. This solved the problem right away. Not sure why. Here are the instructions in case anyone else needs to do this: Support Community Thanks.
Try updating your Intel drivers and if it’s used your Nvidia card. Try turning Hardware Acceleration on after the updates.

mateck

n3wb
Reaction score
The INTEL UHD 630 drivers were current, and I don't have Nvidia card in it.

Ryan_C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Out of curiosity,has anyone tried the same thing but with an iPhone instead of an android device?

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just received new milestone mobile app updates on my android devices and playback is now working well. Issue is resolved.

Ryan_C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Milestone finally fixed the issue with the app.

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys; i have been trying to figure out how to get the mobile server to work via WAN.