204 camera question

chippy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this an "official" Nelly's support channel? I just received my system. H-Series 16ch/8p nvr and 4-204 bullet cams. Very pleased so far!

I noticed the cameras come with little weather proof cups for the NIC connection. Great idea. So, I was wondering... what do you recommend for protecting the power jack? Especially, since it will be open as I'm getting PoE.

Also, being "outdoor" I was wondering how weather proof are they? Can they be exposed directly to rain? The reason I ask is that I noticed the reset button on the back. Wondering if that is an entry point for water.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No: this is simply a bunch of obsessed IP camera geeks. It's probably best to contact Nelly's directly through their website although someone here may have some helpful information from you.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It not exactly a superb fix but its cheap... Remember those little eraser heads you used to get in elementary school and put on your pencils? A friend used those on the end of the connection for something else and then used electrical tape to cover it completely. Just an idea if you cant find anything made strictly for that purpose.

chippy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@PSPCommOp, that's a good idea. I was thinking about a dollop of silicone, not filled, just sitting over the opening.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't use electrical tape, use coax seal.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Chippy,

Yeah I can support here if needed and there is also a ton of people on here who will have helpful advice ^. You may get faster service by submitting a ticket on our website though. If you do, my other technicians will be able to help you also.

I would highly recommend a junction box to put the connectors in if they are going to be exposed to the elements such as this one: http://www.nellyssecurity.com/h-series-1280zj-xs-aluminum-junction-box-for-various-h-series-bullet-ip-cameras.html

Also, the suggestions above should work fine.

chippy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was mostly concerned about the camera itself being weather proof. I know they're considered "outdoor." But I can't remember seeing specifics on rain exposure. Can you confirm that they are rain proof? The reset button on the back was the part that looks vulnerable.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The camera housing itself is fully weatherproof. The IP66 rating means: "IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water."