2532 - Day mode turned pink

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
2532 - Day mode turned pink - stuck IR filter?

Camera has been running since mid-October, then awoke today to find that when it came out of night mode this morning the hue of the image was off. Settings are as they were yesterday and reboot hasn't resolved the issue (nor has toggling day/night).

I record to an PC-NVR and can observe it leaving day mode fine last night, returning pink in the morning.

IR filter stuck?

Any ideas how to resolve?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It does look like a stuck IR filter. It is a moving part after all. That would mean it is (partially) stuck in night mode. Night mode actually makes it change to grayscale also... so it is kind of halfway between day mode and night mode I suspect.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does not look like a stuck IR filter to me. It looks it may be a connector inside that came lose, maybe when you aimed/installed the camera. Should be under warranty, contact the reseller.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice!
Those that bought from Chinese resellers certainly won't get off this easy.

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This must be temperature-related. I'm living in Vegas, so the temps recently haven't really gone below the mid-40s (F) at night in recent weeks. By mid-day yesterday the camera was back to normal, and again pink this morning. Seems like a mechanical defect.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
these cameras should handle less than that w/out issue; ive already seen -5F (-20C) this year and my cameras didnt even hiccup.

Might try it on a Bench before you send it back, just to ensure its not some weird environmental issue.. Ive seen bad power cause all sorts of weirdness.

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just had a 3332 turn green during day mode a few days ago. remove cables/reboot unit didn't fix it, contacted aliexpress seller and they suggested reset to default by logging into the camera itself. that seemed to fix the issue and it is fine now. just had to reconfigure motion, time, name etc.

did you try reseting to default?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here in this forum. I'm searching for a solution. I have hikvision camera with IR. After some short working period (two months), it starts to show pink areas only on highlights. When I turn it to the shadows, It works normally and there is no pink color in the field.
I have disassembled it and have found one place on PCB which, when I touch, force the sensor to reset and show normal image without pink areas.

To help You, here is my opinion for your problem.
1. Try to cover it with your hand to force IR to turn on. You will hear pitch sound of an IR filter motor. There are some cases where motor works well, but can not move the filter glass. The reason is condensation and it stuck in place.
You can use small GEL bags to collect the condense. Latest and best solution is to open it (disassemble) and clean it. You can use alcohol 85%.

I have other different problem not related to IR filter. It is related to electronics. If someone have any idea, please help. ;)