2CD1131 IP Whitelist Issue

Reaction score
So I think I've managed to block myself from accessing my camera :facepalm:

Rather stupidly, I set the IP whitelist to 192.168.0.0 thinking it would allow all IPs on that subnet. Now, although I can see it in SADP, I can't connect via HTTP or RTSP. I set the camera IP to 192.168.0.2 via SADP then got an Ubuntu 16 device and set the IP to 192.168.0.0. Once I connected them (via cross-over cable) I could ping the camera and do a simple port scan (TCP 22, 80, 554, and 8000 open). However, I still can't connect to the camera from the browser. Any ideas what to try next?

The only other option I can think of is flashing the firmware and using the Hikvision Firmware Tools to set the language back to English. I can't find the firmware for this model though, so any help there would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of things to try:
It might be possible, depending on whether the whitelist will also block the ONVIF port 80 traffic, to use 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net to do a reset to defaults.

If port 22 is open you should be able to connect to a shell using ssh from your Linux box.
something like
ssh root@192.168.0.2
using the admin password.
But - depending on the version of firmware, you may then get hit with the protected shell 'psh' instead of the regular shell.
I don't recall if psh has any system reset options though.
If psh does not feature, use
/sbin/iptables -F
to flush the rules (this is temporary) and get in via the web GUI to change the whitelist.

Another option - as you appear able to access via the Linux box - would be to attempt an HTTP PUT with :
8.1.5 /ISAPI/System/factoryReset
/ISAPI/System/factoryReset
General Resource v2.0
PUT
Description It is used to reset the configuration for the device to the factory
default.
Query mode
Inbound Data None
Success Return <ResponseStatus>
Notes:
Two factory reset modes are supported:
“full” resets all device parameters and settings to their factory values.
“basic” resets all device parameters and settings except the values in Network Service.

Reaction score
Thanks alastairstevenson, some good suggestions there which I will try later and post back the results.

Reaction score
Quite possible I'm not doing things right, but I've not made any progress yet :(
  • ONVIF
I can't find a non-payware version of ONVIF for Ubuntu 16 so I skipped this option for now.
  • SSH
Times out on port 22. I've made sure the firewall is disabled but not sure what else to try. As a note, when scanning with nmap, 22/tcp shows "filtered" and 22/udp shows "open|filtered", which I suppose is the IP whitelist at play?
  • PSH
I've not used this before so not sure I understand how to execute it. Is this the right package?
  • HTTP PUT
As with SSH, I got a timeout trying these commands:
Code:
curl -X PUT http://admin:password@192.168.0.3/ISAPI/System/factoryReset?full
curl -X PUT --user admin:password http://192.168.0.3/ISAPI/System/factoryReset?full
Any feedback is appreciated!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
22/tcp shows "filtered"
That's the default status - dropbear (SSH server) is running but iptables has a rule to drop packets on port 22.
Kinduv hoped from your initial post that port 22 would have been open

'psh' is Hikvision's 'protected shell'. It's a limited shell with a subset of commands, missing anything that would allow privileged access.
From what I recall, it was introduced around the 5.3.0 version of firmware.

ONVIF Device Manager is a Windows-only tool - but it can be very useful.

On the curl - it looks like that access is being blocked by the whitelist. But why, if the source IP address is 0.0 ?

As an off-the wall idea - you can change the camera IP address with SADP (that means you have Windows, so could try ONVIF Device Manager?), so maybe change to a different network segment as opposed to a different IP address, to see if the whitelist breaks. If that makes sense.