2CD2542FWD-IS Big Issue

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone please help me figure out why everything is whitewashed here? The 4 dots on the screen and the line i think is due to a scrratch on the outside for which ill need to get a replacement but the picture in general is what im seeking help with.

Also if anyone knows where i can get a replacement cover.

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
25xx is the mini-dome right? domes just do that.
it may help to:
1) check that the foam ring around the lens is firmly up against the inside of the dome, and/or
2) move the camera away from any nearby surfaces that might be reflecting IR back into the dome...

Reaction score
foam is goo d i checked that. Prob is any angle i try either i dont get the area i want or the ir glare gets in the way. My question is more on the image quality. Does anything seem off?

Reaction score
dome off all is good. my problem still is the location. either i dont get the are i want covered or i get it with a glare:(

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
can you move the cam to a different location that results in less glare back into the dome?
or leave some lights on so you stay in color mode?
or leave the dome off. or get a non-dome cam...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The 4 dots on the screen and the line i think is due to a scrratch on the outside for which ill need to get a replacement
These domes are so vulnerable to the slightest scratch, even from a wipe with a cloth.
I've found these are suitable replacement domes for the Hikvision mini-dome cameras, I've used a few and been very happy with the results.
US $6.85 |JMX 2 INCH Acrylic Indoor / Outdoor CCTV Clear Camera Dome Cover IP Camera Dome Housing-in CCTV Camera Housings from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
They are just a couple of mm too high - which can be dealt with either by pulling the foam ring up a little so it touches the dome inside, or by replacing the very small o-ring seal with one that's 2mm diameter to pull the dome down a little.