2nd Blue Iris display in different part of building?

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris running nicely with 9 security cameras. The web interface works nicely off site and I thought I could use the same web interface on a different pc to bring up the same display in a different part of the building. It times out and never connects. It works great on my Android and it works great off site ... but it won't let me connect on-site using the web interface. So I'm confused .... I can connect with Team Viewer onsite with a computer in another part of the building and switch to the second monitor that BI is on... the total screen area is smaller but it would be doable ... but smaller. Is there a reason for BI web interface not to work on the same network that the Blue Iris server is on?? I'm confused.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris running nicely with 9 security cameras. The web interface works nicely off site and I thought I could use the same web interface on a different pc to bring up the same display in a different part of the building. It times out and never connects. It works great on my Android and it works great off site ... but it won't let me connect on-site using the web interface. So I'm confused .... I can connect with Team Viewer onsite with a computer in another part of the building and switch to the second monitor that BI is on... the total screen area is smaller but it would be doable ... but smaller. Is there a reason for BI web interface not to work on the same network that the Blue Iris server is on?? I'm confused.
What URL are you putting into the browser on the remote PC that's on the same LAN?
It should be something like "http://BlueIrisServer-IP:port" (don't forget the port after the BI server IP); then hit <enter>
Then the server's UI should ask you to log in with a username and password (as set up in the BI server's 'user" config.)

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep .... that is exactly what I put in that works off-site but does not work on the network where BI is, the server, at the site. I even got a hold of No-Ip Support and he said it works fine at his location and gave me the suggestion to remove one of the port-forward entries which I did ... but it didn't change anything.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep .... that is exactly what I put in that works off-site but does not work on the network where BI is, the server, at the site.
The "off-site" is WAN and "at the site" is LAN so the URLs are different.

At the site, on your LAN, the IP should be the IP set up in BI Options for the server, as in the screenshot below. That IP should be static in Windows and a reservation made in the router's DHCP server.

Insure that 'listen/bind to one selected LAN IP only' below that is NOT checked.

BI_LAN.jpg

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ooooo maybe if on the Lan I just typed in the PC's IP with the port that might work? I will try that. Thanks ... I'll report back.

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow ..... thank you so much .... and I did have "Listen/bind to one selected LAN IP only". That solves about 3 days of frustration. If you were here I would probably give you a hug .... in lieu of that tho I could make a small Paypal donation to you, or the site, or ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow ..... thank you so much .... and I did have "Listen/bind to one selected LAN IP only". That solves about 3 days of frustration. If you were here I would probably give you a hug .... in lieu of that tho I could make a small Paypal donation to you, or the site, or ?
You're welcome, glad to help. The forum, IPCT, does have some expenses, you can donate ==>> here. Thanks!