2xx2 5.4.0 to 5.3.0 downgrader

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EDIT: 10 Jan 2017

I've decided to remove this due to a problem someone experienced

Unbricking DS-2CD2432F-IW help, no luck with 5.30 downgrader

I can't be sure exactly what happened here, and despite reports of success from others I think it's better to be safe than sorry. I've no idea what Hikvision may change from one day to the next on their cameras, and can't be 100% that problems won't occur.

If you already downloaded the file, and decide to repost it somewhere, please link to this post or at least post a warning.

Thanks

Last edited:

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good thing you guys made a downgrade possible.
Although, personally I don't see a reason to downgrade.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Kroegtijgertje,

One reason can be like a newbee like me that upgrade his camera and bricked it due to fact he don't know that his camera was Chinese ....

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Il-Mafioso,

Then this won't help you, it's for English cams only...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
v5.3.0 is ultra reliable, that's one reason.

I don't use the e-mail notifications thing, it's a gimmick but many people do (some have a valid use for it admittedly) so if they only have gmail then they have to update to v5.4.0

blabladk

n3wb
Reaction score
access error.png

when I try and connect to the camera via chrome I get this message..

Last edited by a moderator:

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
View attachment 11929

when I try and connect to the camera via chrome I get this message..
This is unhacked English firmware (well, unhacked except for downgrade) - your camera is Chinese region so English firmware results in that message.

TFTP Chinese 5.3.0 or look at the various hacking threads (others can help there)

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm also looking for a way to downgrade R6 camera from 5.4.0. to 5.3.8.
Picture quality in 5.4.0. is terrible, especially in low light conditions.

Reaction score
Hey there!

Based on a discovery by Brad_C here is some 5.3.0 firmware for 2xx2/3xx2 that will be accepted in 5.4.0 web page upgrade, and after reboot your camera will be 5.3.0.
I'm a new HikVision IPC (DS-2CD2942F-IS) owner and had no idea what so ever that the device won't allow me to downgrade if I'd be dissatisfied with some version... :( I have "upgraded" to 5.4.0 and now I'm in trouble, as the web interface works hella slower and lacks some options. I really, really want to go back to the stable 5.3 version.

The camera model I have is: DS-2CD2942F-IS 1.6mm 4MP/ 1/3"CMOS / 12.5(P)/15(N)fps @ 2560x1440
I have tried downgrading from V5.4.0 build 160603 with the image you linked (MD5 94c078a7ec9d3eccfb3b127251618b38 after unpacking), but with no luck:
Flashing 5.4.0 back from camera semi-bricked by TFTP works normally. This unnoficial hikvision-TFTP-server flashed other versions with no issues.

I would greatly appreciate any help if you could point me to 5.3.x direction!

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey there!

I'm a new HikVision IPC (DS-2CD2942F-IS) owner and had no idea what so ever that the device won't allow me to downgrade if I'd be dissatisfied with some version... :( I have "upgraded" to 5.4.0 and now I'm in trouble, as the web interface works hella slower and lacks some options. I really, really want to go back to the stable 5.3 version.

The camera model I have is: DS-2CD2942F-IS 1.6mm 4MP/ 1/3"CMOS / 12.5(P)/15(N)fps @ 2560x1440
I have tried downgrading from V5.4.0 build 160603 with the image you linked (MD5 94c078a7ec9d3eccfb3b127251618b38 after unpacking), but with no luck:
Flashing 5.4.0 back from camera semi-bricked by TFTP works normally. This unnoficial hikvision-TFTP-server flashed other versions with no issues.

I would greatly appreciate any help if you could point me to 5.3.x direction!
I think the 2942 is supposed to use different firmware normally.

Also, importing configuration is a different function - you were using upgrade firmware right?

bbsc

n3wb
Reaction score
Based on a discovery by Brad_C here is some 5.3.0 firmware for 2xx2/3xx2 that will be accepted in 5.4.0 web page upgrade, and after reboot your camera will be 5.3.0.
I've registered here in order to thank you for this solution.
It was DS-2CD2132F-IS in my case :)
Upgraded it to 5.4.0 and got serious network problems.
Camera's log was filled with "Exception - Network Disconnected". It repeated every 2 or 3 minutes.
My router's log was filled with DHCP queries from the camera as it was resetting it's interface constantly.
Moreover, the camera totally disabled it's interface two or three times during past week and only power reset helped.
Tftp downgrade method didn't work, the camera didn't boot.
And I've almost believed that there's a problem with the cable and was going to climb the walls (it's hanging quite high) and look what's wrong :)

Now I'm back on 5.3.3 and quite happy.

One tip from me, if you don't mind:
Don't do "factory reset" with this "downgrade" firmware because the camera will become unreachable. SADPTool will see it on 192.168.1.64 but won't be able to do anything with it. Web-ui won't work.
All you'll be able to do in this case is to upload 5.4.0 back via tftp.

So the right way is to upgrade camera with the "downgrader" and then with original firmware. Now factory reset is possible.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you explain how you made the firmware I don't find a thread discribing the findings.

I need to make similar firmware for Fishey Camera

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2CD2432F cube camera. It is a US version. Will this downgrade firmware work for it? I'm having nothing but issues with version 5.4.
DS-2CD2432F-IWDS-2CD2432F-IW

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Will this downgrade firmware work for it? I'm having nothing but issues with version 5.4.
Unfortunately - Hikvision have built an anti-rollback feature into the 5.4.0 firmware - hard to know why, unless to bake in the additional restrictions that people may prefer to not have.

Reaction score
Unfortunately - Hikvision have built an anti-rollback feature into the 5.4.0 firmware - hard to know why, unless to bake in the additional restrictions that people may prefer to not have.
Which is the whole point of this thread. I'm asking if the firmware that was posted is compatible with my camera.