3xlogic vsx-2mp-vd / Hikvision OEM cameras- how to reset to defaults?

jinto36

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a bunch of 3xlogic vsx-2mp-vd 2MP dome cameras which I need to reconfigure, however 3xlogic support replied, basically "sorry those are old, buy new ones" and I haven't been able to find documentation on this particular model. These cameras are actually made by Hikvision apparently.
I have them powered with POE, and they show up on the network- the 3xlogic VISIX setup tool finds them, and- since they're OEMed from Hikvision- SADP also finds them. A Hikvision-like model number shows up in SADP, but it doesn't seem to correspond to any model that was actually sold under the Hikvision name.

I can use either tool- VISIX Setup or SADP to change the IP addresses. However, I can't get the camera web interface to appear, so I can't configure anything else. I am looking for a way to do a factory reset on these to see if that will solve the problem. I took one apart, and there's a single button switch on the board, under a sticker that labels the on-board composite output. However it doesn't seem to be a reset button- I've tried pressing it for variable duration and before applying power, after applying power, etc with no effect. I tried a few of the cameras and got the same result (they're all the same model).

From my perspective these aren't really all that old and are still relatively decent, so I'd like to be able to use them.

Anyone have any idea on these? I've mostly worked with Toshiba and Samsung cameras before and haven't run into this issue.

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello
Write the firmware version that is installed on your camera. You can find out using the SADP utility

jinto36

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
Write the firmware version that is installed on your camera. You can find out using the SADP utility
The 3xlogic tool says Software version V.2.0 Build 110426 and DSP v.4.0 build 110106.
SADP identifies them as DS-2CD852MF and shows the same software/firmware versions.
In SADP the 3xlogic model name VSX-2MP-VD shows up as part of the serial number.

I searched for "DS-2CD852MF" and it didn't look like a model with that name was ever sold by Hikvision separately?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of 3xlogic vsx-2mp-vd 2MP dome cameras which I need to reconfigure
I can use either tool- VISIX Setup or SADP to change the IP addresses.
Maybe in that case - if there is no web GUI - the Hikvision Batch Configuration Tool might be able to configure the cameras.
It uses the same ISAPI/CGI interface as SADP.

May be optimistic - that build number you quoted suggests they may be 9 years old!
3xlogic support replied, basically "sorry those are old, buy new ones"
I believe that is good advice.

jinto36

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe in that case - if there is no web GUI - the Hikvision Batch Configuration Tool might be able to configure the cameras.
It uses the same ISAPI/CGI interface as SADP.

May be optimistic - that build number you quoted suggests they may be 9 years old!

I believe that is good advice.
The 3xlogic manuals for similar models of the time period make extensive references to a web configuration interface. Those other models were also Hikvision OEM, and the web interface screenshots shown in the 3xlogic manuals for those are obviously the Hikvision one with the logo changed.

I'm running NMAP to try to see if they were configured to use a different port for the web interface, or if the web interface may have been disabled.
I didn't try the batch config tool yet but I can check it out.

Indeed these are from 2011 or so, but I don't really think that's old? They're reasonable resolution and support RTSP etc. In comparison I drive a 20 year old car, built this computer in 2008, etc. 9-year-old cameras shouldn't be a big deal if the sensors weren't defective or if they weren't pointed at the sun, or otherwise exposed to a great deal of radiation. Plus I don't have the budget for new ones :)

Anyone know any factory reset incantations or secret techniques for 2011-ish Hikvision-made OEM cameras?

jinto36

n3wb
Reaction score
The batch tool actually works- I can get a preview image and configure more than what I've been able to thus far, so thanks. My previous (now deleted) post about ports found in nmap was incorrect because the scan hadn't finished yet. 80, 8000, and 554 are open. Still no factory reset, but that might not matter now, thanks for the hint. A newer firmware version would be nice, but I'm not holding out hope for that.
These are DaVinci platform devices, now that I have more control over network settings I can log in via FTP and see the filesystem...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Still no factory reset,
Isn't under the maintenance options in the Batch Configuration Tool?

Odd that there is no browser access when port 80 is open.
What is the PC IP address, and the camera IP address? Presumably in the same range or nmap would not show anything.
What occurs when you point the browser at the camera IP address?