fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.0.2 - March 12, 2015

• The Windows Performance Data Helper (PDH) is now used to get CPU usage time for display within the software. This should provide more accurate information on multiple-physical-processor systems.
  • Flash/RTMP streaming to UStream should now be functional on 64-bit systems
  • Algorithms used to detect key frames from IP cameras have been modified, which should fix Direct-to-Disc recording issues experienced with certain H.264 cameras on 64-bit systems
  • A bug causing the video in WM "pull" webcasting to freeze after 7 minutes has been fixed
  • Audio/video sync has been improved for WM webcasting, although better overall system A/V sync improvements are yet to come.
  • If a camera unexpectedly changed resolution during streaming, it was possible for it to go into an extended No Signal state
  • Digital zoom position in the Viewer window is now persistent through the opening of clips of the same resolution. However it will reset when the viewer window is closed and re-opened.
  • Time elapsed and remaining are now displayed in the Viewer window when a single file is open

kavehv

n3wb
Reaction score
4.0.2 - March 12, 2015

• The Windows Performance Data Helper (PDH) is now used to get CPU usage time for display within the software. This should provide more accurate information on multiple-physical-processor systems.
  • Flash/RTMP streaming to UStream should now be functional on 64-bit systems
  • Algorithms used to detect key frames from IP cameras have been modified, which should fix Direct-to-Disc recording issues experienced with certain H.264 cameras on 64-bit systems
  • A bug causing the video in WM "pull" webcasting to freeze after 7 minutes has been fixed
  • Audio/video sync has been improved for WM webcasting, although better overall system A/V sync improvements are yet to come.
  • If a camera unexpectedly changed resolution during streaming, it was possible for it to go into an extended No Signal state
  • Digital zoom position in the Viewer window is now persistent through the opening of clips of the same resolution. However it will reset when the viewer window is closed and re-opened.
  • Time elapsed and remaining are now displayed in the Viewer window when a single file is open

This release has actually seemed to introduce issues with motion triggered recording and/or playback on my hikvision 2032 cameras recording in the mode you mentioned. How do I roll back the software version or downgrade to 4.0.1?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

kavehv

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I reported it already but haven't gotten a response. I'm unable to playback any motion triggered recordings from my hikvision 2032 cameras since the update. They all yield a playback error (whether in the iOS app or on BlueIris itself).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the error message? are you only unable to playback newly recorded files or all files including those before the update?

kavehv

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems to be newly recorded files, specifically those that are motion triggered from that camera. If I trigger recording from the iOS app it seems to record and playback fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems to be newly recorded files, specifically those that are motion triggered from that camera. If I trigger recording from the iOS app it seems to record and playback fine.
What is the error message you get in the blue iris application when you try to play a file back...its strange that its occurring only on motion recording..

kavehv

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the error message you get in the blue iris application when you try to play a file back...its strange that its occurring only on motion recording..
I don't know, it's not happening anymore (but it's dark and all my cameras have switched their IR lights on). I'll try again tomorrow. I tried reverting and the recording seems to be back to normal. I re-upgraded to 4.0.2.1 and have yet to be able to reproduce it.

kavehv

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, the problem that happens now is I see an alert in the alerts display, but I cannot play the video for that time. There doesn't seem to be any video at that time. The iOS app shows a static image and the BlueIris app plays video from earlier in the day and ends before the time of the actual alert I clicked to view.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I saw the same thing. In my case i delete all the videos and ran ckdisk on the drive, which had a bunch of file system errors. I have not looked this morning to see if the problem persists.
I do think it may have been part of my high CPU usage problem I was having.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Checked this morning, and so far all recordings looks fine, with CPU as it should be..

kavehv

n3wb
Reaction score
I saw the same thing. In my case i delete all the videos and ran ckdisk on the drive, which had a bunch of file system errors. I have not looked this morning to see if the problem persists.
I do think it may have been part of my high CPU usage problem I was having.
Not the case for me. No disk errors.

Ever since rolling back to 4.0.1.x I haven't seen the problem reassert itself but it seems pretty consistent with 4.0.2.1.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow... Now that is great support. Ken worked over the weekend on this problem.