technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris running as service still not working on Win7 64bit with Hardware Acceleration enabled.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could someone else please confirm if running as service with Hardware Acceleration enabled works? For me, it still isn't.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I like seeing 4.2.9.x updates coming quickly. He's running out of numbers before 4.3 and that release is supposed to have a significant update in motion detection.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I like seeing 4.2.9.x updates coming quickly. He's running out of numbers before 4.3 and that release is supposed to have a significant update in motion detection.
Not running out.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Also. still no Axis hardware acceleration under 4.2.9.3. My P3364VE cams still drop out when h.264 HA is enabled. Win 7 64 bit, BI not as a service.

650hpAMG

n3wb
Reaction score
I really hope not, Ken should stay clear of any more 'enhancements' until he fixes the bugs first. Crap is getting old. Still ghosting with my E33 Acti, and now with this latest update it is even worse! No audio mic support for Amcrest, still lags during remote playback on IOS (gigabit LAN). This entire hardware video acceleration is a fail-for me. My system worked far better and smoother with an old cheapo video card in it and no hardware acceleration support.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I really hope not, Ken should stay clear of any more 'enhancements' until he fixes the bugs first. Crap is getting old. Still ghosting, no audio mic support for Amcrest, still lags during remote playback on IOS (gigabit LAN)
You need to understand that there are only a small number of users with issues. If you feel "crap is getting old" then there are other software packages that dont offer updates or "enhancements" regularly, they will charge you 50-150 per camera (100 min per camera if you want two way audio). They also have issues but you need to visit their forums and see for yourself. You are one person with an amcrest camera with issues. So you need to be actively communicating with Ken and provide access to your camera, but understand development will not stop simply because you are having an issue. You may want to consider paying for priority support.
Your ghosting will likely be resolved by matching your iframe interval to the fps. Also with dahua cameras (amcrest uses dahua firmware) there are options for various h.264 feeds. Like h.264h etc, try changing the h.264 type.
HD acceleration works great for most of us. You can turn it off if you dont like it.

650hpAMG

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm going to reiterate what others have thrown directly at you, you need to stop defending him! YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND I DID NOT PAY FOR SOFTWARE TO GET WORSE! His updates are horrible. I noticed you did not reply nor did anyone else on my other thread regarding cameras settings require a restart of BI as it does not add new cameras or update settings. Just a colored screen. Another bug. Sorry, but I am not luck enough to be the only one encountering bugs. Oh, and how do you know whether I have or have not communicated the audio issue with Amcrest to him? Again, your defending him without the facts, you just assume users are wrong. I had sent that in, 4 versions ago and after wasting my time with settings changes, they got back to tell me it is not supported and they will look into addressing it in subsequent versions. Bottom line, stop taking Ken's side with every issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to reiterate what others have thrown directly at you, you need to stop defending him! YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND I DID NOT PAY FOR SOFTWARE TO GET WORSE!
I wont stop defending him. I have over 20 blue iris machines. They ALL RUN SMOOTHLY. I have 5 machines on hardware acceleration THEY all run smoothly. What have you dont to get your problem solved??? Have you even tried the suggestions i posted? Have you provided access to your camera to Ken?
9 times out of 10, the biggest complainers are usually those who have problems because of USER error.
I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I TELL OTHERS WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT NONSENSE without properly trying to resolve the issue. GO BUY OTHER SOFTWARE and see how well it works for you. You are certainly doing something WRONG. Its not always the software's fault. In the interim go back to an update before hardware accelation and you wont be WORSE off. You make no sense, no one is forcing you to update. Relax.
I dont have magical machines. Why do mine work? I am 100 percent certain that your problem is user error.
Stop for a moment and realize what a great value BLUE IRIS is.

650hpAMG

n3wb
Reaction score
BULL! I'm calling you out of that one. You do not have 5 machines that run smoothly, if you had, he would not be tossing out updates like old salad. Perhaps our expectations are different regarding 'smooth.' Because my interpretation is like most people, it should work! And what part of the above did you not get in my post? He never even offered to dial in. In fact it was not even him that I corresponded with. If you know of a better method of getting his attention then it would be nice if you could share that. Look, I get software has bugs, I was writing code back in the early 80's, but at the same time I also understand that the user base comes first and bugs are addressed-properly. Also, to add ACti E33 does not have Iframe control. It is locked to the user frame rate. I do not expect you or even Ken to know the settings or certain tweaks with every camera, but I also do not expect updates to go backwards. This E33 camera has worked fine for the past 2 years until these recent updates.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BULL! I'm calling you out of that one. You do not have 5 machines that run smoothly, if you had, he would not be tossing out updates like old salad. Perhaps our expectations are different regarding 'smooth.' Because my interpretation is like most people, it should work! And what part of the above did you not get in my post? He never even offered to dial in. In fact it was not even him that I corresponded with. If you know of a better method of getting his attention then it would be nice if you could share that. Look, I get software has bugs, I was writing code back in the early 80's, but at the same time I also understand that the user base comes first and bugs are addressed-properly.
Call bull. I have over 20 machines running PERFECTLY. Are the others here with no issues also lying. You are a complete moron.
If you want remote desktop support you need to PAY for it. He will not become your network admin. I see this all the time. Folks expect Ken to become their network admin because they are inept. Well you need to pay for that if you are incompetent.
Not happy move to another software. I will buy your blue iris license! Simply show me proof that you purchased a competing package.

650hpAMG

n3wb
Reaction score
So now you resort to name calling. First you degrade yourself by relentlessly defending him to everyone and now name calling, wow, that helps your cause. Apparently you cannot answer legitimate concerns that I posted and instead blame me (and other users) for everything. First you state it is the users at fault, then you call me out by asking if Ken was allowed to dial in or if I even sent him anything. Then you state you have perfectly running machines. If so, there should be no bug fixes in all of these updates. I'm sorry, but who is the moron?

650hpAMG

n3wb
Reaction score
Not happy move to another software. I will buy your blue iris license! Simply show me proof that you purchased a competing package.
And that proves my point. Cannot accept that Ken's software is going backwards and instead just tell people (Im not the first am I?) to go elsewhere. How about just fix it? As the Admin you should be impartial instead of being part of the problem. I will accept that often it is user settings, etc, however it is not every single time! That should not be difficult to grasp.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
And that proves my point. Cannot accept that Ken's software is going backwards and instead just tell people (Im not the first am I?) to go elsewhere. How about just fix it? As the Admin you should be impartial instead of being part of the problem. I will accept that often it is user settings, etc, however it is not every single time! That should not be difficult to grasp.
I thought Fenderman made an excellent point earlier. You're complaining about the updates giving you problems. Go back a few to a version that worked for you and stay there until such time as one of the updates peeks your interest so much that you feel the need to update. A lot of users wait for others to post about a certain update being "stable" for them before they update theirs. Myself, I grab each update as they come down the pike and report any bug I see to Ken immediately.

There is no way in this world you're going to find a better value than BI and a guy that is as approachable when you report a bug as Ken has shown himself to be...