4.3.4 - April 28, 2016

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
  • The camera properties Motion/Trigger tab has become the Trigger tab, and motion sensor settings are now available from there in a separate window. This allows more room for additional motion sensor settings, the newest being the algorithm selection of either "simple" or Gaussian. Gaussian was initially used from version 4.2.1 until 4.3.0 when it was replaced with a simpler method. At the time, there were unexplained false positives associated with Gaussian. Although Gaussian uses more CPU time, it should be a superior algorithm now that its initial instability has been ironed out. The "simple" method remains the default for now.
  • The Intel hardware decoding produced distorted video with widths not a multiple of 32 (such as 720) this has been repaired.
  • Several people have said that the new video components introduced in 4.3.3.1 have caused increased CPU utilization. Although a small number of users, the components have been rolled back to those used in 4.3.3.0 until more can be determined of possible causes.
  • Many customers have written in about ReoLink's RTSP issues. While we hope ReoLink will eventually release a repaired firmware for RTSP support, in the meantime, many have reported that setting the H.264 encoding to "baseline" in the camera as well as limiting bitrates have made the stream usable. We now have a ReoLink camera here and are researching support for its native format as used by its web interface.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wonder if the new Gaussian method of motion detection will help with shadow cancellation. I hope so.

Reaction score
Does the new Gaussian algorithm ignore the motion zone areas? I'm getting motioned detected in areas where it did not do this previously.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the new Gaussian algorithm ignore the motion zone areas? I'm getting motioned detected in areas where it did not do this previously.
Agreed, it looks like the motion zone masks aren't working with Gaussian.

ASFx

n3wb
Reaction score
Gaussian was causing alerts to go off many times per day when there was nothing at all happening, so I had to turn it off and go back to simple.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same here regarding Gaussian...in some cases the camera's time overlay was setting off the motion detection despite it being in the motion mask.
I wanted to try out Gaussian to check for an improvement with motion detection and also to see how it affects CPU usage; I'll sit tight and wait for an update.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated to 4.3.4.1 and did a quick test seemed like the Gaussian mask issue is fixed.

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Haven't updated to 4.3.4.1 yet, any issues? System is running good so don't want to throw a wrench!

A17

n3wb
Reaction score
4.3.4.1 is not working for me.

Motion sensor function on all cams does not ~seem~ to work. I tried various settings on the Trigger tab (former Motion\trigger) without result. I reverted back to 4.3.3.2 via system restore and everything worked again. Installed new update again, no motion sensor response. Did system restore back to 4.3.3.2, all OK.

BUT, I am pretty sure when I did the test recordings I did with the update were NOW in the viewing pane. I don't feel like doing this all over again to confirm right now, but maybe that's the issue: Recording is not registering.

Anyway, is anyone else having issues with motion sensors with new update, and is there fix if so?

EDIT: Third time is charm. Upon applying the update for the third time, everything worked fine. The only change was to leave viewing pane on right side to ALERTS rather than NEW...very odd.

Last edited by a moderator:

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
About Reolink's RTSP issues, you can upgrade Blue Iris to the latest version so that it can be compatible with Reolink cameras. Besides, if you have any problems about Reolink cameras and NVRs, you can visit Reolink forum to get useful information.
Some specific links to forum posts would be quite nice instead of just to the forum...saves everyone from having to page through all the messages just to find BI related issues.