4.3.6 - May 10, 2016

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.3.6 - May 10, 2016

• The Options/Clips page has been updated to display a full list of the folders instead of the previous drop-down control. It was common for new users not to realize that there were multiple folders to be managed. Editing a folder name is now done in-place on the list.
  • Alert images if saved to disc now fully participate in the clip management system. The oldest will be deleted if the folder size exceeds its quota and the size of the folder is now represented in the clip statistics. Previously this case was considered an exception and ignored, as by default, alerts live only in the database as thumbnail images.
  • The database folder size is measured and displayed on the Status/Clip storage page in order to assist you with managing its space requirements. Currently the database grows as necessary, using the "unallocated free space" on the disc, so you need to account for this to prevent the disc from running out of free space.
  • The database scan which occurs each 5 minutes has been made more efficient by replacing complete recounts of files and folder utilization with an incremental approach. This should positively impact performance on systems with very large databases.
  • By default, Alert images live only in the database and do not have their own files. If however you are saving hi-res file versions of your Alert images to the Alerts folder (option on Record in camera properties), you may now apply the clip storage rules to these files, imposing a folder size limit as well as age, and may also choose to FTP archive these files. You may also export the image, or move it to another folder. Once moved out of the Alerts folder, a JPEG file is then treated like any other snapshot clip and may not be moved back to the Alerts folder, as its video file association is then broken.
  • A new check box on the Options/Web server page allows you to elect NOT to have a dynamic IP address logged as an error condition. The error condition was originally added so that it would prompt a Status/Messages/Alert to be sent when the IP address changed.
  • Long-press on a clip in the clips list as a shortcut to set/clear the "flagged" status for an item.

jaredtizzle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My updates keep failing, I have to reboot my pc and install it manually. Anyone have this problem/know how I can fix it?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My updates keep failing, I have to reboot my pc and install it manually. Anyone have this problem/know how I can fix it?
I don't know about you, but on my system it fails to stop the Blue Iris service, and instead blueiris.exe CPU usage goes up, mouse input freezes for several seconds, and I have to cancel the update (which takes a while), close blueiris.exe through task manager, and run the update file manually (Blue Iris downloads the update file directly to the Blue Iris directory). Been doing this several months so far and I haven't gotten around to mentioning it to Ken...

jaredtizzle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same. Except it wont let me kill the process from task manager for some reason, hence the reboot.

Starman66

n3wb
Reaction score
Adding to a cpu issue for this version. I have 2 of my cams on continuous record and cpu was previously around 50%. Cpu after updates is now around 90%-95%

Starman66

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems to have settled to around 60% now after being in the 90s for hours. I'll update if it reoccurs. Thanks!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 But this has been happening to me for a few months. To update I need to do a download and manual install from the BI website.

Kingsley

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tonight I discovered a correlation between the 5/14 update of Win10 and highly increased CPU load when only running BI. I rolled back the update and BI stats seem normal again. For my setup 25-35% CPU usage was normal, today it was running 80-100% before rolling back the Win10 update.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tonight I discovered a correlation between the 5/14 update of Win10 and highly increased CPU load when only running BI. I rolled back the update and BI stats seem normal again. For my setup 25-35% CPU usage was normal, today it was running 80-100% before rolling back the Win10 update.
What is the Windows update KB number?