4.3.9 - June 8, 2016

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
4.3.9 - June 8, 2016

• You may now choose to receive group or all-cameras images instead of camera images for the Email and SMS alerts.
  • Group cycle is now available on the console. To begin, you first must have multiple groups defined and configured to participate in the group cycle via a new checkbox on their group settings pages, then with the all-cameras view displayed click the auto-cycle button near the group selection box. The "solo camera" button will pause the cycle when one camera is selected. The options to cycle only when detecting motion and favor groups that are detecting motion are enforced according to settings on Options/Cameras.
  • The ESC key now also cancels camera auto cycle as well as group cycle.
  • Group cycle is also available via remote client and browser. Caveats now are that groups must contain more than one active camera and group audio is not yet supported during the cycle.
  • Several redundant auto-cycle settings have been removed from the Options/Cameras page and added to the Group Settings page as necessary. Auto-cycle in the console Cameras window now uses the appropriate group-specific settings.
  • The camera Post tab now allows you to select separate profile settings for posting to a folder vs. posting to an FTP server.
  • Some users complained of dropped frames in their direct-to-disc recordings since the last release and minor changes have been made to lessen this likelihood, but it was possibly just a bad compiler link.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Normally I save the updates as I go, but I failed to get the update prior to this one....would someone please post a link for download? Thank you.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Anyone having troubles with massive shadows triggering in this release? It's been a bit windy in NJ, so we've been having a lot of leaves moving on trees for wide swaths of the frames. In older releases, I had no problems, but this one seems to be a problem.

Reactions: 555

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Where can I find 4.3.9.0??? I just upgraded to 4.3.9.1 and now BI won't start.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bp comes through again :) (didn't need it, but man you're always on the ball!)

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Many thanks for the link. Reloading -9.0 did the trick, and it's running (mostly) smoothly right now. I did try reloading -9.1, and it still wouldn't boot.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
9.1 broke mine as well. Quite a few people seem to have the issue. Thank you BP for 9.0!

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.3.9.2 is out now, but all my cams have badly choppy motion with it. Have reverted to .0 again.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I reverted to .0 and I'm still having choppy/pauses. It was working fine till I updated... .0 is working appropriately for you?

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 4.3.9.2 update fixed my analog cameras' timing issue caused by 4.3.9.0 and the 0x0000... something error caused by 4.3.9.1, but itself has now caused my IP cameras to record in a choppy fashion.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I reverted to .0 and I'm still having choppy/pauses. It was working fine till I updated... .0 is working appropriately for you?
Yes, it's working fine, until the auto-framerate feature kicks in and adjusts the FPS in BI up by one fps. If I go and and reset it back to the same as the camera's setting then all is smooth again. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is seeing the same.

I'm currently swapping emails with Ken re this, will update here if there's any new info.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The choppiness was also temporarily solved for me by adjusting the FPS to the exact FPS the camera is giving out, but my cameras change their frame rates at night without any adjustment possible to this behavior, so until this is fixed, I think I have to manually change the FPS of the cameras every morning and night to avoid crappy recordings.

I wonder if this has to do with the analog camera timing that was fixed with the update?

Last edited by a moderator:

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is odd, is I have rolled back to older versions and the problem on one cam that was introduced is still there. Other cams are a tad choppy, one hikvision cam actually just stops, video AND the time stamp, for about 3 seconds and then runs for 10 seconds, and repeats. lol.

jredcld

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed (stupid me) 4.3.9.2 this morning and now converting is broken on both the machines that I installed on. I get either corrupt or black videos. BI DVR and direct to disk format convert/export is broken now.

I removed and re-installed 4.3.9.0 but that did no good. Using AVI format for recording does seem to be working. Exporting DtoD does seem to work if I use MP4 with encoding.