4.4.0 - July 21, 2016

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.4.0 - July 21, 2016

• Foscam R2 compatibility fix
    • Adjust PTZ speed from camera right-click PTZ menu
    • From a user's Options/Users page, you may now choose to not use the new-alert and status counters locally and on the client apps. This will suppress the red badge numbers on the app icon and alert images as well as prevent the re-ordering of the most recent alert for each camera to the top of the alerts list.
    • The WAN IP address box on Options/Web server will now recognize an IPv6 address. Provided the remote devices and your router are also IPv6-aware and you have done the proper routing, you should be able to use this IPv6 address remotely. The procedure to pull the address automatically however is still looking for your IPv4.
    • If you use the /admin?camera=cam1&profile=x method, this now overrides the camera's profile in all cases unless you are overriding the global profile number and do not have the option checked on the camera's Schedule page to ignore the global override. Sending a value of profile=-1 now will remove the override.
    • On the camera properties page you may now assign a keyboard shortcut to each camera so that you may quickly select/focus a specific camera.
    • You may now add fps=x to a Blue Iris web server request for /h264/ and /mjpg/ video streams. Previously some users were inappropriately using the "frame rate limiting compatibility" mode for this functionality when pulling streams from other Blue Iris servers.
    • As the "frame rate limiting compatibility mode" function has been increasingly deprecated, it has now been fully removed. The proper way to manage the stream FPS is on the camera/server side, not the software/client side by attempting to manipulate the receive buffer size and timing as this function once did.
    • The pre-trigger video buffer on the Record tab now has units of tenths of seconds rather than frames. You may need to revisit this field to adjust as necessary for your requirements.
    • A previous method of tracking alerts by file position offset in the BVR format is being deprecated; new alerts will be marked with time position offset.
    • When recording using any of the continuous options, the pre-trigger video buffer setting is now used to offset the playback position of any recorded alerts.
    • A few users have written to say the RTSP timecode option is not working properly, causing odd times to display on some camera streams. While it's possible to disable the RTSP timecode on the camera's Video/Network page, additional error-checking has been added to the code that makes use of the RTSP timecode in an effort to prevent erroneous times from being used.
    • Camera borders are suppressed when a camera is shown full-screen and the "show camera names" function is also disabled.

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed this update. For some reason about half of my cameras changed profile, and are not following any schedule. My cameras all had "Override global schedule for this camera". I have unchecked, trying global schedule, manually overridden profile, they continue to be locked. I do not use the override listed below. How do I change my cameras back? Do I have to go to each camera and externally send a Profile=-1?

New Information: I can override the camera profiles with BlueIris manually. As soon as I release them they go back to the locked profile. The Global Schedule and the Camera schedule seem to have of effect on the profile.

My Solution: I had used Bicommand.exe in the past, many months ago, to change profiles. Apparently it saved the last profile in the registry. I used Bicommand.exe to send the Profile=-1 to all of my cameras, and now everything seems to be back to normal and working correctly.

If you use the /admin?camera=cam1&profile=x method, this now overrides the camera's profile in all cases unless you are overriding the global profile number and do not have the option checked on the camera's Schedule page to ignore the global override. Sending a value of profile=-1 now will remove the override

Last edited by a moderator:

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've noticed playback via the IOS app is a little sluggish/jerkier since 4.4.0, upon investigation, I've found I'm almost always hitting 99% CPU now, from around 70%.

Nothings changed, other than the auto update to 4.4.0...

Anyone else??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've noticed playback via the IOS app is a little sluggish/jerkier since 4.4.0, upon investigation, I've found I'm almost always hitting 99% CPU now, from around 70%.

Nothings changed, other than the auto update to 4.4.0...

Anyone else??
Disable automatic updates. Try the latest update or revert back...also restart the machine..

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Machine is/was restarted :)

That was test #1.

I'm thinking of rebuilding to be fair, so will probably take that approach.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Format, Reinstall.

My machine was a Win8.1, with an inplace upgrade to Win10. It's about 12 months old, so will benefit from a clean 10 install...

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just had a quick play, fresh from a reboot, my machine 'idles' (BI as a Service) at around 40% CPU usage.

As soon as I connect via iOS app, it hikes to 99%. Playing back a clip on the phone is jerky.

Closing the iOS app, the CPU slowly drops to the idle usage %. Playing back the same clip in the BI Console, results in a small CPU hit, taking me upto about 65-70%.

I'm running iOS 10 BETA, so maybe it's that. Although as I say, I've been on the BETA a while and this has only become noticeable since 4.4.0...

Either way, I'll do a clean machine install at somepoint this week. I had been thinking about that anyway.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reinstalled, didn't help - I wanted to do that anyway.

Then found BI was configured to compress on the fly. Switched this to DTD and it now barely breaks 40% even when remote viewing. No idea how/when this encoding on the fly option changed, but hey.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Latest seems to be 4.4.0.3, on some systems I'm unable to update from 4.3.9.7. Someone else is facing this?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't Ken just change web hosts? Maybe he had to restore the website from a backup and neglected to update that file.

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been running 4.4.0.3 for several days now. This version has fixed the problem that I was having with jerky video, and audio drop outs. Very pleased with this version. Your mileage may vary.