4.4.9.5 Degraded Mobile viewing

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue?
Playing back a clip on my mobile device leaves the picture very "blocky" and cannot make out the persons face.
I've confirmed this on two separate BI boxes I manage.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a thread on this

Email support and revert back

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue?
Playing back a clip on my mobile device leaves the picture very "blocky" and cannot make out the persons face.
I've confirmed this on two separate BI boxes I manage.
I'm TOTALLY having the same issues.

I emailed BI Support. All three of my mobile devices are effected. I more/less ruled out possible issues with my local Network by turning off Wi-Fi and using my mobile service provider only. Same issues.

Streamed images of all cameras look blocky and heavily pixelated.

With any luck Ken will respond with a solution since I extended my online support services for another year.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

It's important to note that this issue only seems to affect streamed images live and/or pre-recorded. The images look fine when viewing them via my computer running Blue Iris. :confused:

TiGeR

rubb3rtoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue here after upgrading. Looking for a fix or a downgrade to 4.4.9.4

dodgeboy

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm also in the same boat. I had auto-update turned on, and I do not have the install file for 4.4.9.4. I looked on their website and there does not appear to be download links for older versions. Does anyone know where I can obtain 4.4.9.4? One of my cameras is being used as a baby monitor, and this is really a pain!

Edit: I emailed support this morning, but my support contract expired a month ago. I'm going to renew support now.

Edit2: Support renewed. Hoping for a speedy fix!

Last edited:

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! Downloaded 4.4.9.4. This should get me back up and running. I'll disable the automatic updates from this point forward, to avoid future shenanigans. Thanks for getting me out of a jam!
Hey FOLKS!

Just received an email from BI Support. There is an update coming tomorrow to address our issues :)

TiGeR

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.4.9.6 is out which fixes this one :)
It's looking GOOD folks. Previous issues with Live and/or pre-recorded video stream(s) on my mobile device(s) is back to normal.

Kudo's to KEN and his quick-fix turn around.

TiGeR

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry for the duplicate Thread Fender, but i didn't see anything with a clear cut title like mine stating the problem. I was posting here first before emailing support so I know this isn't just a problem with my system. Looks like we confirmed multiple folks having this problem and BI was able to resolve this quickly.

My two systems are not mission critical, so i am ok with Auto update.

Looks like 4.4.9.6 fixed the problem!

TomMas

n3wb
Reaction score
It did not fix it for me. I emailed support again, they still have not got back to me since last weeks initial email.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It did not fix it for me. I emailed support again, they still have not got back to me since last weeks initial email.
I would completely uninstall and reinstall with the full installer.

TomMas

n3wb
Reaction score
I did that. Unregistered the key and everything. Only thing maybe I should have done was test before I applied the key and restored the registry.

I rolled back to 4.4.9.4 and it works perfectly. I will stay here for a while ;-)