4.5.0.3 X64 Intel HD 2500 - No Hardware Accleration

Reaction score
Silly me has been running BI on auto update for the last 3 years without issue. Well, today I had my first issue. It appears that 4.5.0.3 causes some issues streaming from Dahua cameras. I awoke this morning in a panic as my system appears down, after troubleshooting everything I could think of, I came to the resolution that there was an update last night, and that had to be cause.

Here are some screenshots of one of my camera's configs.

1.png 9.png 4.png 3.png 2.png 1.png

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just as a test, reboot your cams and try to access them directly from your browser. also reboot PC

Reaction score
My apologies, should have listed that. I have rebooted my BI server several times, and rebooted the cams as well. I can access the cams by IP with no issue. I can also access them from the Qc-view app on the BI server.

Reaction score
I was able to pull the 4.5.0.2 X64 "update" file from windows restore. Run the update file, and camera functionality is back, when it prompts me to update to 4.5.0.3 x64, it updates successfully and then breaks my connection to my cameras.

Ken has responded to my email, claiming its not an issue with the update. I've responded with the info I have, and am awaiting his response.

Reaction score
So after quite a bit of troubleshooting over the last few days, we cam up with a resolution. I had to disable Hardware Acceleration. Here is my video card info in case anyone ever comes across this.

Attachments

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, disable automatic updates!

FYI my Dahua cameras (actual Dahua branded, not Qsee) are all fine on this version. With hardware acceleration of course, only on HD 4000, not 2500.

Reaction score
Also, disable automatic updates!
I've ran BI on auto update for 2 years no issue, but after this fustercluck, its off and will remain that way.

FYI my Dahua cameras (actual Dahua branded, not Qsee) are all fine on this version.
I have a mix of Dahua and Qsee. I picked up the Qsee's as part returned NVR set at Sam's a few years back, paid like like $400 for the set of 4 cams and the NVR. I'd been running NVR+BI for 2+ years when the NVR finally crapped out, so now its all BI.

With hardware acceleration of course, only on HD 4000, not 2500.
Yes, I'm thinking its more of a Intel/Driver compatibility issue vs cameras now. I should have thought to try turning hardware acceleration off first.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Simple fact is, if you can no longer update Blue Iris without losing hardware acceleration with your cameras, that is a problem.

If a different Intel driver doesn't fix it, then it sounds like it is Ken's problem.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
at least roll back to a old version so you have hardware acceleration

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder when the intel HD 2500 divers last updated themselves.