4.5.0 - January 22, 2017 Amazon Echo integration

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.5.0 - January 22, 2017

• Added integration with Amazon Echo via physical device emulation. Begin Amazon Echo discovery via a new button on the Options/Mobile devices page. A "Blue Iris" device is added, along with a device for each camera where you have configured its Amazon setting. See the Mobile devices Help topic in order to learn about this integration.

• Memory leak bug fixed in RTMP/S device streaming (some Nest and Dropcam).

• Fix for issue with convert/export to AVI format
See more here
Amazon Echo commands

mossytrees

n3wb
Reaction score
I just updated to 4.5.0... and my Nest cams broke. Granted I'm planning on replacing them anyway but would like them to work until I get them replaced...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just updated to 4.5.0... and my Nest cams broke. Granted I'm planning on replacing them anyway but would like them to work until I get them replaced...
reinstall a previous update file and/or email support...always update from the website so you have older files.

ocyberbum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello i am trying to get this feature to work with my Amazon Dot (2nd Gen), When i run Settings/Mobile devices/ connect to amazon echo and have the dot search for new devices it doesn't find blue iris? I have my Dot connected to the same router as my ISY994i and it connects to blue iris to trigger motion sensors. im not sure what else i can do to fix this, My setup is Verizion FIOS 4 port router,
On 1 port I connected it to a Trednet 8 port Switch that connects to my 9 foscam cameras and hp I5 pc running windows 10 with Blue Iris 4.5.0.3 x64
2 nd port has my 24 port net gear switch that runs all my house connections ex. Plex, ISy994i, Roku's, pc's etc
i can view blue iris remote view and cameras on all my pc's and over the internet so im wondering if there is something i can link or do to fix this? i do have a Amazon echo on order but i didn't think that would matter

Thanks in advance for any help
Billy

Ok for some reason after many tries it didn't work but later when i added a new ISY Portal command and run Blue Iris connect it found both and added them..

Last edited: