4.5.4 - May 4, 2017 360 Dewarping

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.5.4 - May 4, 2017

• The viewer now has built-in 360 degree camera de-warping for BVR source files. From a right-click menu select one of No (original image), Regional (allows panning left and right), or Panoramic (fits the entire 360 de-warped image into two rows in the video frame).

• On the same Viewer right-click 360 degree menu you will find an HQ scaling option. This will provide a smoother image, but it will use more CPU so may be undesirable for use with higher resolution cameras or on systems where CPU cycles are in short supply.

• A new checkbox on the Video tab in camera properties allows you to designate a camera as being 360 degrees fisheye. When selected, clips opened from this camera will use the viewer's most recent "360 degree de-warp" setting.

• When remotely viewing a clip from a 360 degree camera, Panoramic de-warping is always used. Further de-warping options eventually will be added to the client apps.

• The export/trim dialog now offers an option to include/exclude the audio track

• When using export/trim from the viewer, the current 360 de-warping setting is used. This is applicable only when re-encoding the video.

• Admin access is now required locally and remotely to set a PTZ preset position

• The default vertical resolution for group images/streams has increased from 720 to 960

• When using parent/child camera windows, children may now be quickly identified via asterisks in their headers

• Status information supplied via the JSON "status" command for the smart phone and UI2 client interfaces has been expanded

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Neat! 360 dewarping has been on people's wish lists for a long time. But it is kind of important for live video too. Sounds like that isn't in this release.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Neat! 360 dewarping has been on people's wish lists for a long time. But it is kind of important for live video too. Sounds like that isn't in this release.
Seems strange that it would not work in live view...only one way to find out...
UI2 gets a mention as well :)

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have more info about 360 degrees cameras. Are those Cameras with nice "panoramic "view , or those "wierd" images what looks like a picture inside a bowl.

Thanks,
Cor

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
A picture inside a bowl? lol

BI's 360 dewarping was of course designed for fisheye cameras that are ceiling mounted, like this:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Now I wished I would of kept that old Zpan100 cam. :lol: I think it may of been the first 360 cam on the market and listed for around $3000 back in 2006. I grabbed it on EBay 10 years ago for under $200. Was cool, but had really useless software back then.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, 2 megapixel security camera in 2006.

Those were pretty rare I bet.

Wasn't until 2007 my dad got a 3MP stardot camera (which still works today after being repaired 2 or 3 times) and that thing cost a fortune. Jpeg video is its only output format!

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A picture inside a bowl? lol

BI's 360 dewarping was of course designed for fisheye cameras that are ceiling mounted, like this:

Yes!!!, fish eye was the word I was looking for. Lol

But this Camera from hikvision DS-2CD6986F-H with panoramic view, will not work with Blue iris?

Anyone tried?

Thanks,
Cor

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
YES!!! Now the ultimate question... what camera's will work properly?

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Folks...

As someone who originally requested this feature back in April of 2015, I was excited to see this get implemented. So after finally getting some time to try it out, I can verify that it does indeed work to some extent, although as mentioned above it would be nice if this could work in the live view. Since requesting this feature quite a while back, I only had this old GeoVision GV-FE20 to use as a test. Resolution on the camera is 2560 x 1920. Here is a link to the specs: GeoVision Inc. GV-FE520 / GV-FE521 5M H.264 Fisheye IP Camera

Attached is a picture showing the de-warped video. I have the camera sitting on a table and pointing up, so the orientation is a bit strange, but I thought people would be interested to see regardless.

Thanks again to Ken for continuing to develop and improve Blue Iris...it's such a great piece of software

Fisheye.jpg