4.5.5.0 64bit constant camera drop outs

bctrainers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, recently Blue Iris auto updated to 4.5.5.0. However, with this update, the sole IP camera that is attached to the Blue Iris application is experiencing continuous video drop outs from the camera feed.

I logged in direct to the IP camera's built in viewer (NetSurveillance), am able to access it, can see the video feed, no issue what so ever. However, the BI feed /stream is constantly in a: play -> video lock/seize up -> alert to "no signal" -> auto-reconnect -> rinse and repeat. Disabling the auto reconnect/watch dog results in the connection just halting the incoming video feed, however on NetSurveillance direct from the camera, the ptz camera is still functional. After it getting into this no signal loop, BI's watchdog sends the camera restart command, and restarts the camera... multiple times.

The camera is a Sunba 601-D20X. I previously have not had issues with this camera itself, but the application is proving to be problematic with it since the May 8th update.

I'm out of ideas on how to work around the issue.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest downgrading to 4.5.4.0 or older to see if this definitely solves the problem, then contact Blue Iris support to let them know.

Hopefully someone can upload the 4.5.4.0 update for you; I am not at home right now or I would.

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue with mine since the update been driving me nuts I have to go out and manually kill the circuit breakers to each camera to restart them then there good for about 4 hours

bctrainers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@uncarvedblock I have blue iris set to auto update. The issue (for me anyways) began since the update on the 8th, which appears to be release 4.5.5.0 x64. It is very possible this issue may have been passively added/persisted from an earlier version, that i cannot say for certain. I also noticed somewhere along the 4.5.x series where the text overlays (timestamp / datestamp) will end up flickering randomly. Not a large issue, but it is noticable.

@M4TTDUFFY That's no fun. For me, having a POE camera, the advantage is having a control panel to power cycle individual port at the switch if need be (Unifi switches are really nice). I know that pain though! Unfortunately, it sounds like your issue may be unrelated to mine. Blue Iris just seizes the video feed and spits out no signal a few moments later, however when viewed direct from the cameras portal, it's working without issue. :(

@bp2008 It would be appreciated if someone could post a previous version. By chance, does Blue Iris locally cache the downloaded update installers on the machine somewhere?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Auto update should be disabled...search the forum for dropbox..you will find older versions posted.

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I'm trying everything I still had my original blue iris download so I'm now running 4.5.2.0.
Also changed settings on one of my cameras and running one poe now and other from power supply see how it goes in 4 hours

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
m4tt, i am having the same trouble, almost exactly 4 hours after i reset the cameras they stop communicating again. its just this one brand of camera, for me anyway. I really dont think its blue iris. Are these amazon cameras? Can you get into the cameras web interface when they stop communicating with blue iris? I have been in touch with the factory but so far its been a battle. I bought 13 of this same camera and this morning i sent them an email giving them until friday at noon est to find a solution or i will attempt to return the cameras to amazon. We have a business account there and we buy a lot so hopefully it wont be an issue to return them. They worked great for a month or two but this started tuesday morning, so we will see. You know the old saying, buy cheap and pay dearly. Looks like im going to have to rehang 12 cameras, what a nightmare.

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I have played with a few settings now waiting for a few hours see which ones worked. If they do ok post them up. But it's quite strange as my issues started tuesday morning as well. In the early hours of the morning. Can I ask what firmware your running and if you had any updates to your system?

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
these were all Jidetech cameras. There is other people on this forum complaining of the same thing, which started tuesday. I dont think there is anything any of us can do, setting wise. But PLEASE if you figure something out please let me know.

Attachments

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This started on tuesday morning, i didnt update BI until after this problem started. But i was current on updates except for that last one at that time. Thats why i dont think its blue iris. I still have one in the box, i think i will look at it to see if the firmware updated automatically.

FYI, everything the factory told me to do, i have done to no avail but they sent it to the engineer. Very strange that exactly 4 hours after reset they stop communicating. Im glad its not just me, that means that its the cameras. another reason why i dont think settings are going to change anything.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I know it is a long shot here but if you guys have UPnP enabled on the cameras and on your routers then it is very much possible your cameras got hacked. UPnP is the worst thing to ever happen to network security.

(UPnP -- Universal Plug and Play -- is a method by which the camera automatically opens ports to itself, making itself publicly accessible without your knowledge)

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi after doing a few more searches and reading bp2008's post I have swapped in a spare router I was gonna use in one barn for my camera network temporarily. With IPv6 disabled and not connected to the internet. It is strange that all the issues happened Tuesday morning.

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know it is a long shot here but if you guys have UPnP enabled on the cameras and on your routers then it is very much possible your cameras got hacked. UPnP is the worst thing to ever happen to network security.

(UPnP -- Universal Plug and Play -- is a method by which the camera automatically opens ports to itself, making itself publicly accessible without your knowledge)
My upnp was disabled I'm pretty sure. I think you told me to do that when I first set my cameras up and was having issues connecting to blue iris remotely but it was my internet provider causing issues

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also is there a way to check if I have been hacked? Not sure why anyone would want to hack in to check my cows for me

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i checked for UPnP and its disabled also. I read that someone talked about ipv6 but mine is disabled, has always been disabled. So i dont think its that either. We have an IT company that disabled that long ago. I double checked with them and we are ipv6 free. i want to do a factory reset but that will be a nightmare as the factory ips are in a different ip range than my network. im starting to get pissed off honestly. i hope you find a solution!

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm playing the waiting game now. All 4 cameras are running totally different setups now. Just about to go reboot the last one then il check them again in 4 hours

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Also is there a way to check if I have been hacked? Not sure why anyone would want to hack in to check my cows for me
No, not really. I only mention it because one of the more recent wave of hacks was intentionally "bricking" exposed devices, and someone who would do that would likely find it a hilarious practical joke if they just make your camera shut off after 4 hours of runtime instead.

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well that be a bloody nightmare. Would there be anyway to reset or get rid of it. Think if I could get it all reset I might have a way to stop it but not sure if it would work or not

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that be a bloody nightmare. Would there be anyway to reset or get rid of it. Think if I could get it all reset I might have a way to stop it but not sure if it would work or not
Depends on the particular hack but updating the firmware could do it (potentially). I really doubt this is caused by a hack anyway.

I'm just happy all of my cameras are fine.