4.5.5 - May 8, 2017

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.5.5 - May 8, 2017

• Improved efficiency in the generation of the clips view for camera groups and/or removal of hidden cameras

• Group images now default to a resolution of 960 for better resolution on HD monitors. You can still override this with any value on the group settings page.

• The site canhazip is no longer used for retrieving your WAN IP address. There was nothing wrong with using this site, but an update to a popular package "malwarebytes" has caused this to be flagged as "suspicious." The software instead will now use the Blue Iris website for this purpose.

• On the camera properties Video tab, you may now select either "ceiling" or "wall/vertical" (hemispherical) for the mounting of a 360-degree camera. This value is used as a default for the clip viewer's de-warping capability.

• A new value "hemispherical" has been added to the viewer's right-click 360 de-warping menu. This method is appropriate for 360-degree cameras mounted vertically as on a wall or door. The viewer maintains a separate default value depending on the camera's "360" setting.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting some video issues with this release? I only have one camera so I'm not sure if it's an issue with the camera or this software. At random I'm seeing a horizontal line or lines of scrambled pixels.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't think to check to see if I'm seeing the corruption through the camera web interface. I'll check that when I get home.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The video corruption doesn't seem to appear on the camera's own web interface. Does anyone have a link to 4.5.4 so I can see if the problem disappears?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Cheap Chinese camera? Very common problem if it is.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not on the latest version but have no such troubles on Dahua here.

Chris TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1 video display issue.
In the android mobile app, the bottom row of 3 cameras is not showing in portrait view, all cameras; it's blocked by the camera controls. If I rotate to landscape it appears.

Ver 4.5.5.0
9 cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1 video display issue.
In the android mobile app, the bottom row of 3 cameras is not showing in portrait view, all cameras; it's blocked by the camera controls. If I rotate to landscape it appears.

Ver 4.5.5.0
9 cameras
you should email support.

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting some video issues with this release? I only have one camera so I'm not sure if it's an issue with the camera or this software. At random I'm seeing a horizontal line or lines of scrambled pixels.
Nope.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for having spammed this thread. I had to reboot my computer and the problem went away. I should have known better to have tried this first!