4.5.6 - May 17, 2017

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.5.6 - May 17, 2017

• Video component updates

• H.265 parsing and decoding fixes

• MP4 format direct-to-disc fixes for file compatibility, affecting both recording and convert/export

• The web server now responds to the HTTP Accept-Encoding header with zlib "deflate" encoding for JSON requests made by the client apps. This reduces the size of the transmitted reply by approximately 50%. This technique may be applied to other requests in the future as appropriate.

• Rolling back the default group image resolution change which has adversely affected our Android client app--crashes have been reported with the new 960p resolution, so it's once again 720p. You can still override this size as required via the group settings pages.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
This seems to have resolved the dahua h.265 green screen issue...
yes, my stream works fine but now I am getting a 2 second black screen on playback of clip. If I rewind the clip it plays fine ?? I tried several setting changes but same end result. I sent Ken a note.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did something change after the update? None of my remote clients now connect with my BI server. They worked this morning but now my three tablets and cellphone do not connect.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The update included compression for some web responses; apparently this is broken in some browsers :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did something change after the update? None of my remote clients now connect with my BI server. They worked this morning but now my three tablets and cellphone do not connect.
Yes... there is a bug....

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes and after trying several settings in the camera's UI I was unable to get rid of the black 2 seconds. For anyone else trying it here was Ken's response:

This might be due to the number of b-frames or the encoding profile level, please check the camera encoder settings directly to see if there's anything to adjust, otherwise this may just be a "feature" of this stream ...

Now because of the other bug I am done testing this build :)

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My ipad connects. My android does not. Glad to know it wasn't something I did.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I inspected traffic from the android app with Fiddler. Blue Iris is sending API responses compressed with "deflate" even though the web requests do not explicitly say they support "deflate" compression (evidently, the web server just assumed that all web clients would be deflate-compatible and didn't bother to check the header).

Fiddler also says the deflate compression method being used is not compatible with Internet Explorer.

I did let Ken know both of those details.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This new update got rid of the jaggies on the live view of all cams that I had. Great job!