4.7.9 - September 1, 2018 More Nvidia Enhancements

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.7.9 - September 1, 2018
  • Support for Nvidia CUDA hardware encoding. Please see the matrix found here Video Encode and Decode GPU Support Matrix. The majority of cards support some level of encoding (NVENC) and the high-end cards support "Unrestricted" concurrent encoding sessions.

• You may use NVENC in Blue Iris for recording, web casting, or exporting video by editing the encoding properties from the Record tab, Options/Web server, or Trim/Export windows. As the number of encoding sessions may be limited by your hardware, you may choose to target particular cameras.

• If either NVENC or NVDEC is unavailable or cannot otherwise be initialized, Blue Iris will automatically fall back to software. The condition will be logged to status/messages.

• A new version of BlueIrisService.exe which should now make it impossible to ever result in a never-ending "stopping" state.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Appreciate you posting these updates. Based on the release notes above, I will probably skip this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mcapps

n3wb
Reaction score
This is awesome, great update! I've got a few GPUs sitting around I'm going to start playing with.