4.8.1 - September 20, 2018

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.8.1 - September 20, 2018

• If you are creating sub-folders by overriding the recording paths on the Record tab in camera properties, those folders will be automatically removed once the last item has been deleted.

• Camera frame windows now are automatically closed if all cameras are hidden or removed from the frame.

• Push notifications to Android are now marked as Priority so that they may now be capable of waking the device in a low-power mode.

• A status window display issue has been corrected. When using Windows font/app scaling the Tab control would be cutoff or overwritten.

• A "Rotate 90" degree option has been added to the PTZ tab

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
UI3 clip preview animation stopped working and clip time looks strange. Only clips recorded after update.

time.PNG

And Android app won't play clips.

Emailed ken.

Last edited:

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just upgraded to 4.8.1.1 and now all alerts from after the update are a single frame with no playback options. Alerts generated before the update are fine. In the playback window there is no clip information i.e. duration, time stamp etc. It is happening in both UI3 and the main application. The cameras are still recording properly, however it now appears the I have 21 continuous recordings going for only 7 cameras. I restarted BI once and rebooted the machine once after the upgrade as troubleshooting steps. I'll see what happens at the top of the hour.

Edit: The top of the hour just rolled around and the ALL tab of the clips window shows I now have 28 continuous recordings going.

After doing a database repair/regenerate it now shows 7 active continuous recordings and clips are now working as they should.

I have emailed support.

Last edited:

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.8.1.2 followed by a database repair fixed my issues as well.

Thanks for the quick fix.

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im trying to rebuild my DB, as the UI3 alert playback is still broken at 4.8.1.2 for me.

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After the full database rebuild, it fixed everything. Just applying the update doesn't fix it on its own.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I want to thank all the brave people who try these updates as soon as they come out. It saves a chickensh*t like me a lot of aggravation - I wait until all the kinks get ironed out.

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Somebody have to be the "lucky one" and this time it was me. :) Usually I try updates right away when I notice they are available and if they not work properly I inform Ken and this forum. However, usually i'm in sleeping or at work when updates come available and some of you have already informed if the updates don't work properly.