4 camera system for small business

blueliner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a small camera system for a friend's small business that will run Blue Iris on a PC. Initially 2 cameras will be outside for parking lot viewing and 2 will be indoors. A couple years ago I bought Hikvision DS-2CD2042 (or 2032) bullet cameras from Amazon. They have worked well enough in the past at home and 2 other businesses. I was about to order some more of these but decided to see if anything changed over the last 2 years. Seems like Hikvision support has (though I never had to call them) and firmware updates have changed.

I was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations? In the past I was looking at Dahua as well but I am open to suggestions. They were looking to keep the cameras under $125 if possible which is why I was going to go with the Hikvisions. I did show them the quality of the Hikvision 2032/2042 and they thought that was good enough.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a small camera system for a friend's small business that will run Blue Iris on a PC. Initially 2 cameras will be outside for parking lot viewing and 2 will be indoors. A couple years ago I bought Hikvision DS-2CD2042 (or 2032) bullet cameras from Amazon. They have worked well enough in the past at home and 2 other businesses. I was about to order some more of these but decided to see if anything changed over the last 2 years. Seems like Hikvision support has (though I never had to call them) and firmware updates have changed.

I was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations? In the past I was looking at Dahua as well but I am open to suggestions. They were looking to keep the cameras under $125 if possible which is why I was going to go with the Hikvisions. I did show them the quality of the Hikvision 2032/2042 and they thought that was good enough.
no. avoid bullets. Look at the dahua starlight turrets for outdoors. 100-125 for fixed version. see wiki on top. Hikvision support and for that matter dahua has always been the same. Amazon sellers are not authorized and you will not get any support.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
no. avoid bullets. Look at the dahua starlight turrets for outdoors. 100-125 for fixed version. see wiki on top. Hikvision support and for that matter dahua has always been the same. Amazon sellers are not authorized and you will not get any support.
Hikvision stopped selling to Chinese distributors, I think price there will increase soon.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi,

IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE maybe the best one for you. Starlight turrets

blueliner

n3wb
Reaction score
IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE maybe the best one for you. Starlight turrets
Thanks. I'll take a look at those and show them some sample video from YouTube for them. Would the 3.6mm one likely be the better choice and are they suitable to mount indoors on a wall or would you recommend another option for indoors? I've only ever mounted bullets but these seem fairly easy as well. Looking at your Amazon store and it looks like you have 1 2.8mm and 3. 3.6mm as of now, will you be getting more soon?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score