4431 replace 4421 (or 4433 replace 4431)

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
there were discussions recently about the C-A cameras. And I took part in these discussions, because I want to try the C-As. However looking at the ali offers, there are such sentences:

4431C-A replace 4421C-A, or 4433C-A replace 4431C-A

- what does it mean?
- what are the differences?
- do you know what firmware version they have installed?

There are many sellers with great price for them, and other models, even international.
This seller is knocking-out the others:

Aotetek Store - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

But I have doubts, have you tried with this seller?
I know there is Andy, but he does not have C-As I think, so I need to look for others. And if I will buy C-As then also other cameras in one shot, which on the store I put here, are the cheapest.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
there were discussions recently about the C-A cameras. And I took part in these discussions, because I want to try the C-As. However looking at the ali offers, there are such sentences:

4431C-A replace 4421C-A, or 4433C-A replace 4431C-A

- what does it mean?
- do you know what firmware version they have installed?

There are many sellers with great price for them, and other models, even international.
This seller is knocking-out the others:

Aotetek Store - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

But I have doubts, have you tried with this seller?
I know there is Andy, but he does not have C-As I think, so I need to look for others. And if I will buy C-As then also other cameras in one shot, which on the store I put here, are the cheapest.
china sellers lie...avoid these hacked china region junk...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
- what does it mean?
Beats me. For the moment, but I expect I'll figure it out soon, with help from users on this forum.

china sellers lie...avoid these hacked china region junk...
Having felt a bit bored, and still not finding any Hikvision 'spares or repairs' I bought a Dahua DH4431C-A-V2 'spares or repairs / faulty' off eBay.
It arrived today.
I could see it was in a bootloop, so I hooked up the serial console, quietened it down, extracted the internals for a point of reference.
No joy with the dahua configtool, so I reset it to defaults and it burst into life. Too easy - I'd been hoping for a bit of brain work.
I'm actually quite impressed with this camera and the firmware, it's pretty good in low light (not as good as the DS-2CD2335FWD-I though) and has lots of features, supports h.265 across a subset of resolutions. And connects OK to a Hikvision NVR, under ONVIF.
The firmware looks fairly straightforward if a bit chatty, it's multi-language. And telnet can be enabled, persistently.
I think I might swap out one of my DS-2CD2332-I cameras for it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Still crap for the regular guy trying to make it work...and they are significantly worse in low light compared to the Starlights ..

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want to try one of these cameras I'd advise you to get one initially and see how it works out. It looks like they are a new version so you might be the first test pilot on the forum with them. I'm running a bunch of prior generation chinese market cameras and am doing well with them, but I did take my own advice and go with one at a time. Before buying, try to verify the specs, which can be a challenge unless you can read chinese. I found that many of the sellers of the chinese cameras just publish any old random camera spec. I have a couple of 4431r-z cameras. Based on the specs and features in the site you linked to, the newer 4433f-zsa is a huge value increase, adding a microphone, SD card slot, and larger sensor while holding the price steady. (I don't have any turrets so can't comment on them specifically). The 4431C-A and 4433C-A don't claim the larger sensor, but the cost is sure low, so it's not a huge risk to give one a try. I didn't get along with the Ali Express web site and bought all of my chinese cameras off of ebay. I was more concerned with the shipping method and perceived reliability of the seller instead of the absolute lowest price. I bought mostly from a seller with US stock or reasonable DHL delivery price from china.

roryk

n3wb
Reaction score
The 4433C-A is not the same as the 4431C-A. Night is worse, not much use in infrared with or without BLC enabled. It seems to have much higher noise in any form of low light and 3D NR kicks in and blurs everything. BLC and WDR have issues. Firmware is extremely buggy. The ONLY thing to buy the 4433C-A camera for is the audio IMO. Installed these at 2 different locations, in various lighting conditions from bright light to dim lighting to pitch dark. Used the 4431C-A at the same places and many others, never had any major issues with the 4431C-A but this 4433C-A is a nightmare. There is also no firmware on any Dahua site for a HDW4433C-A in any language (that I could find), and these 4433C-A come in boxes labelled 4431C-A, with most annoying 2017 firmware. In fact the Dahua Chinese website still lists the 4431C-A. No sign of anything HDW4433C-A - maybe these are clones and not even made by Dahua? One thing is for certain either way, this is not an upgrade to the 4431C-A. Well thats my 5 cents, YMMV.

Last edited:

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i am using now 4433ca.

- the boxes are 4433ca labelled with dahua logo,
- the camera plastic body is with dahua logo,
- the sticker with the S/N etc on the camera body contains 4433ca label,
- i bought them from 3 different sellers on the ali to check the quality (to find out if this may be a fake) - conclusion: all where the same quality, no signs of fake, looks like this is just camera for china market,
- inside the box documentation can be found with many marketing bullshit etc,

- technically it is ok,
- the features works correct (no errors or smth)
- no hangups so far,
- the night vision meets my expectations,

- the issue I have is the plastic body with looks not solid, but after mounting it is good, for sure the metal body would be better,

yes, I dont have comparison to the starlight cameras, but having them 50$/piece it is very good choice for me.

now I am waiting for nvr, so once I will get it and setup with cameras I will check for issues, i will tell you if this is shitty or not then...

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
and, as I know ther 4431 is out of production now, so 4433 is the replacement, the sellers who have buffered some on stock may still have them but when I asked for 4431 most of them said they have only last pieces

roryk

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah these from Amazon have the 4433C-A label on the camera but boxes labelled 4431C-A. Also its 1/2 the IR of the 4431C-A, has more noise at night so the 3D DNR has to work too much and then identification of a person is not obtainable. And the firmware extremely buggy, have to keep refreshing to see the any changes from the defaults. The firmware has a mind of its own. 4431C-A also had the plastic body, it can be a PITA at times. Some come with the plastic clips inside broken (curious shippers, or resellers clearing bad stock), which means the camera is loose and can move with just the wind, end up throwing the bracket out and just keeping the dome as a spare. You can also use the metal lockable housings from the other turrets, they are interchangeable.

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
in case the product is damaged you should claim. if clips are broken then the product is with failure - replacemnt or money back.

i suspect the sellers are buying from dahua the full containers with the cameras as is - they are buying with very low price without guarantee. producer is happy with clean warehouse and the seller is happy with the price. thats why you got the broken stuff - they should check before preparong the package but they do not care and just sending

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
btw -does the 4431 have the sdcard slot?

roryk

n3wb
Reaction score
in case the product is damaged you should claim. if clips are broken then the product is with failure - replacemnt or money back.

i suspect the sellers are buying from dahua the full containers with the cameras as is - they are buying with very low price without guarantee. producer is happy with clean warehouse and the seller is happy with the price. thats why you got the broken stuff - they should check before preparong the package but they do not care and just sending
Cost more than the price of the camera to return, not worth it.