4K/8MP 1/1.2” CMOS sensor N85EFN2 compatible with Synology Surveillance Station?

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got my N85EFN2 from Andy/EmpireTech and after getting it "configured" with the software I found on Dahua USA's website, I tried connecting it to my Synology Diskstation running Surveillance Station. If I didn't know better, I would think it wasn't turned on but, the Dahua config tool sees it so, my POE+ switch (Netgear 305EPP) must be powering it properly, and my laptop worked for the initialization and configuration so it is apparently 'visible' on my network.

I'm wondering if I missed something in the instructions which were pretty sparse and perhaps I missed a feature to turn it on because Surveillance Station and my laptop don't see it all outside of the "Config Tool". The lights on my switch indicate a good connection as well so, I'm a bit perplexed at the moment. I don't have the audio RCA plugs or alarm ~22ga wires connected so, is that part of the problem? :idk:

Thanks,
Sid

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, on this screen, can you try port "80", if you haven't already?

Thanks, I'll check back in later to see how you're making out. I have the same camera in 2.8 and like I said I have a Synology NAS. You'll get this easily, and you'll love the camera you chose once a few settings are ironed out.

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 16.59.30.png