4k PTZcamera about to fall out of the sky - help!

Reaction score
One of two identical cameras DS-2DF8836IX-AELW is now loose. They were mounted on the tower when it was horizontal ( then tilted up) I can only think that because of the weight (18 lbs) that I tightened the screw against a lip of the mount and not in the channel...Or I failed to tightened it ....or it loosened in the wind. I don't have a 3rd mount to look at the screws.
As I recall, there are 2 screws and one "bump/ numb" in the aluminum fitting. I tilted the numb in first and then tighten the screws (or not).
The tower is climbable but not by me. The local weather (6 inches snow) prevents a crane from coming back ( used one to raise the tower)
I have a drone and will take a look today. I thought of trying to hook the camera using the drone with a s hook and strong fishing line until spring when I can bring it down. I don't think the wires will hold it in the motion of the wind, if at all.
ACCC8EABEA3B_1-20-2019_12-46-17-015 PM.jpg
Any Ideas ? besides aP1020924.JPG ground air bag !

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming Dahua, Isn't the safety cable attached to the PFB305W "wall mount arm?"
Yeah I think that mount has as attachment point for a cable. You can see what looks like an eyelet in the picture of the camera above.
A safety cable and some locktite are worth considering in the future.

Reaction score
The cameras came with a aircraft type cable for mounting ... holding while you connect the wires. The cable has an integrated handle cause the camera is so heavy. Instructions said to remove after mounting. I will add something when I next lower the tower. The mount has a loop on the underside and I have a microphone attached there. The black is foam pipe insulation keeping the weather off the mike.

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Off your topic, got any pics of night time. I bet they work pretty good when the moon is shining down that snow.

Reaction score
3AB67F17-1C98-4D74-8186-2075D3EDB76E.jpeg 7D6AC57E-29AE-4AA8-863D-AF4BC2FFE24D.jpeg Last night was full moon and clear sky’s. Camera stayed in day mode. Second pic is this morning with 3 cameras showing ir source. Two bright ones are outdoor ptz like tower camera .Green circle is under dome ptz and red is ir from tower camera. Hik cam will blast out ir over 600 ft in high zoom. Spec says 200 meters.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My drone pic didn’t add any info. I’m resolved to wait for better weather and a crane. Interesting pic from drone at 108 ft up.
Hope an eagle doesn't spot that drone as in this video (there's bunches on YouTube as you know, this one's only 16 sec's long). You could be picking up a drone carcass instead of a PTZ!

Looking forward to eagle vids. Wife watches Berry College Eagles frequently.

Last edited: