4mm Hikvison turret cameras

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any reason why Nelly's does not stock the 4mm Hikvision 4MP turret cameras? I only see the 2.2mm lens, and that is too wide for many applications.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Just their choice of what is stocked.

Personally, I used to recommend Nelly's on these forum's a LOT and not because they are a site sponsor but because they offer quick shipping, local USA support and great warranty support/processing, and from what I have heard solid technical support for those needing it. However over the last several months I haven't been to thrilled with what I've seen from them (Product offering wise, pricing wise (some models seem marked up 3 times what other private label dealers sell for, and especially their dealer program. I applied to be a dealer and was accepted but their is NO straight pricing for dealers, you basically send them what you are wanting and they will tell you what they can sell it to you for, but normally just ask "what are you currently buying from your other supplier for" At any rate I've lost a TON of respect for them since then. I know their main business is "retail" but they shouldn't have a dealer program if they aren't willing to run one like other distributors/wholesalers. I'll gladly submit an application, retail certificate, tax certificate, UPS/FEDex account info, etc if they want to do a real dealer program like I have with other companies, but at this point I just wrote them off) Sorry for the off topic rant :)

I can't think of a logical reason why they would not carry it, so I would say take your business elsewhere in this case if thats what you need.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
However, @RyanODan will most likely (tomorrow) be able to tell you why or if they will/can order one for you.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting on their pricing. I would thinks, as you say, they would be interested in dealers/installer's repeat business. May not be enough mark up to justify??

Just their choice of what is stocked.

Personally, I used to recommend Nelly's on these forum's a LOT and not because they are a site sponsor but because they offer quick shipping, local USA support and great warranty support/processing, and from what I have heard solid technical support for those needing it. However over the last several months I haven't been to thrilled with what I've seen from them (Product offering wise, pricing wise (some models seem marked up 3 times what other private label dealers sell for, and especially their dealer program. I applied to be a dealer and was accepted but their is NO straight pricing for dealers, you basically send them what you are wanting and they will tell you what they can sell it to you for, but normally just ask "what are you currently buying from your other supplier for" At any rate I've lost a TON of respect for them since then. I know their main business is "retail" but they shouldn't have a dealer program if they aren't willing to run one like other distributors/wholesalers. I'll gladly submit an application, retail certificate, tax certificate, UPS/FEDex account info, etc if they want to do a real dealer program like I have with other companies, but at this point I just wrote them off) Sorry for the off topic rant :)

I can't think of a logical reason why they would not carry it, so I would say take your business elsewhere in this case if thats what you need.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not stuck on 4mp. 3mp would be fine. I have both 3 and 4 mp Hikvisions running now and I can't tell the difference in quality on night time. Neither is great.

Don't know what the last part of your message means.........................

QUOTE="Jack B Nimble, post: 141919, member: 12987"]Aliexpress.com : Buy HIK POE IP Camera DS 2CD2345 I Update Version from DS 2CD2335 I Support H.265 ONVIF Infrared IP67 Waterproof Camera from Reliable camera suppliers on XinRay Store

night time better with the 3mp don't get stuck on mp does not mean better, but two of them have your own warranty in your drawer and 5 day delivery DHL[/QUOTE]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not stuck on 4mp. 3mp would be fine. I have both 3 and 4 mp Hikvisions running now and I can't tell the difference in quality on night time. Neither is great.

Don't know what the last part of your message means.........................

QUOTE="Jack B Nimble, post: 141919, member: 12987"]Aliexpress.com : Buy HIK POE IP Camera DS 2CD2345 I Update Version from DS 2CD2335 I Support H.265 ONVIF Infrared IP67 Waterproof Camera from Reliable camera suppliers on XinRay Store

night time better with the 3mp don't get stuck on mp does not mean better, but two of them have your own warranty in your drawer and 5 day delivery DHL
[/QUOTE]
spend your money on the dahua starlight 1080p turret...well worth the 170...

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@zero-degrees We are closing out all of our Dahua products and actually have a larger selection of the other brands we carry. Your information on our dealer program is incorrect. We do have set pricing for dealers and only quote on a per job basis if the amount of cameras is fairly large (20+)as we can usually save you more money that way. If you did get signed up as a dealer you need to log in to your account to see set dealer pricing. Next time, before ranting, please verify that your information is in fact correct and in someway contributing to the original question by the poster.

@dryfly We carried the 3MP version in 4mm and we got consistent requests for the 2.8mm version. We then brought in the 4MP 2.8mm version once it was available. The difference in viewing angle is 23°, 2.8mm = 106° 4mm = 83° according to the manufacturers spec sheet.

We do have the EXIR bullet available with a 4mm lens: NSC-2X4-BT 4MP EXIR IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm - Nelly's Security

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@ zero-degrees: We havent changed our dealer pricing in quite some time so I'm unsure what the varied pricing your referring to is. If you have proper business documentation showing that you are truely in the business of CCTV, then we immediately sign you up on the permanent dealer program. However, if you signed up as a dealer without proper business documentation showing that you are in the business of CCTV, then we will just quote you on a per job basis until we see frequent enough orders to see that you are truely in the business of CCTV and then we switch you over to a permanent dealer account. We do this because sometimes we have one-time purchasers posing as a dealer customer simply trying to get better pricing and we must take steps to prevent that. We do have set pricing, however if you ask us to price match against another company, we do ask for proof as we will only price match against reputable companies, not Amazon or eBay who are selling Chinese firmware versions and offering no support. We get asked to price match Amazon nearly daily and we just wont do it as this is a type of product that needs warranty and support and Amazon sellers just cant offer that.

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry zero-degrees: I'm sorry if we blasted you a little and I apologize for responding in such a way, but it simply flabbergasts me and is nearly unbelievable that if you signed up as a true dealer, that we would have said "we can only quote you on a per job basis". Im simply setting the facts straight as to how we handle incoming dealer requests because they are handled like rare gold when they do come in.

If you truely sent us in business documentation showing that you are truely in the business of CCTV installation, then we would/should have signed you up as a dealer. Now, if you sent in tax information showing that you just have a "business", but its not in the business of CCTV, then we will definetely say "we will quote you on a per job basis" until we see frequent enough orders to justify moving you to a permanent dealer account. We only do this to protect our true dealer customers that do this for a living. We simply wont sign up anybody that simply has a Tax ID, as anyone can get those. Our dealer customers usually appreciate this approach that we take as other companies out their will sign up any joe schmo

And we definitely arent the cheapest company out their, their are some that can quote cheaper than us, but when comparing apples to apples, their is sometimes a reason why some other companies are cheaper. For example, some companies dont have tech support, and the support they do have are sometimes provided by people where english is their first language. So when asked to match up prices, we always ask for an invoice to see who we are matching up against.

With all this being said, again I apologize for the knee jerk reaction but as you can see we are very passionate about our business and what we do and we are simply stating the facts of how we SHOULD HAVE handled, or normally almost always handle situations. And I do thank for you previous referalls as well. I would definetely like to take a look more into this situation if you dont mind. Can you email me your email that you have on account with us, send me an email or a PM and I want to take a look.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
"Don't know what the last part of your message means........................."

If you mean my warranty comment I mean, worst case senario buy two of them for that cheap price and if something happens (and 99% chance it won't especially for Hikvision products not Imporx ) you will have your warranty same as any local guy covered. If camera died a good warranty supplier would just send you another one anyway if it was dead. If you need support for set up questions or how to configure buy local as I am sure they will be helpful. My comments are comparing to a authorized dealer of Hikvision in respect to prices which would easily be more than double in price, not the re-branded dealers of this site just to be clear. In Canada my $100 cameras easily translate to $350 from the Hikvision distribution channels. Secondly if you are asking about the 5 days via DHL that is how long to get product direct from China in my experiance.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just need one, but really don't want you to have to do a special order just for me. I was only wondering if you might stock these in the future.

@dryfly how many do you need? we may be able to get you some fairly quickly