4mp camera not working

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I've tried all my 3mp cameras and they all work on both the 7716N-E4/16P and 7732N-E4/16P. However, when I plug in my 4mp 2042wd cams, it gives me an ip error message. I fix that and there is just a black screen. Any ideas how to fix this? Firmware on cam is 5.3 and on NVR is 3.3.4. When I hook the cams up to just my router I can view them just fine

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you activated the camera? Might be worth upgrading to v5.3.3 as I'm having no issues with that.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I activated them when they were connected to just the router. When I click activate through the NVR, it states no camera found. The firmware is 5.3.3 on the camera, i mistyped above and forgot the last part of it.

I was worried this might happen. They NVR's state up to 6MP cameras supported. But on the spec sheet it states 1MP/2MP/3MP/5MP/6MP. 4MP isn't listed.....so I'm hoping someone has figured out a way to get them to work in 4MP mode.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't want to though, I want to view it in 4mp. If I can't I'll get rid of them or the NVR

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
That suggestion was meant to test it out if it's actually a resolution issue.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't even get to the camera settings on the NVR to change the resolution possibly. Something is stopping me from adding the camera at all, and its only with these 4MP cameras. Does it matter that they are Intl English version, whereas the NVR is multi-language Chinese?
No it doesn't matter. You won't be able to change any settings until you get a link / image.

Reset the camera to default via computer. Then plug it into the NVR without activating it.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That suggestion was meant to test it out if it's actually a resolution issue.
No it doesn't matter. You won't be able to change any settings until you get a link / image.

Reset the camera to default via computer. Then plug it into the NVR without activating it.
Is there some button I push to reset it on the computer?

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2042 should have a reset button on the back (mini bullets)

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried to reset and same issues. How do you know if it is resetting. I tried holding it for 60 seconds, unplugging it holding reset and plugging back in for 15 seconds, etc, with nothing working.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If it gives an 'IP conflict' error there is something wrong with the network settings.
This is what it shows if I change the IP address manually. The conflict box then goes away. But as you can see, still no signal.
Was this on the PoE port of the NVR? And did you also change the camera IP address to match?

My suggestion to try:
Plug the camera back into the LAN and set the IP address to a LAN value, presumably the camera can be seen and configured with SADP.
Using the web GUI, add the camera to the NVR using manual add. For the 7716, pick an unused PoE port, select 'Modify', change to manual instead of Plug&Play, set the IP address to that of the camera, protocol=Hikvision, port=8000, userID and password, click OK. For the 7732, just use Add.
Check in Live View if it's visible, go back to camera configuration to check status.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The NVR isn't even hooked up to the network yet. I'm just testing the cameras to make sure they work with the NVR prior to installing everything. The IP address its using is just the NVR up address 192.168.264.xx. No matter what I change it to it still gives that error. And yes I'm using the Poe on the NVR.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any other ideas guys. I need to install this Sunday and Monday and have this solved hopefully by then

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thought I'd update you guys. I took your advice and hooked it up to the network. At first the web gui wasn't adding it correctly. Once I went onto the NVR and enabled DHCP it then recognized it. All of a sudden the 4mp cameras were now showing as well. Weird and I'm not sure why that is but hopefully this helps others.