4x 2mp Dahua chunky preview

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm, well the recording is smooth. Its the live preview on the monitor thats seems to be lagging. Live preview isn't recorded. Ill have to snap it with my phone or something, i know no other way to show you.
The video is choppy? Stutters? The car jumps with missing frames? like my preview was set to 4fps not 25 like it is set.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your not watching the live view through an RDP connection are you? BI limits RDP to update once every 5 seconds by default i think.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im watching the screen connected to the PC running BI.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you use Wifi ?
No WiFi! WiFi bad!
The cameras themselves have no lag. When I am logged into it making adjustments it’s 9seconds till I see a change on the BI screen. My BI is running at 12% and 1gb of ram usage.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Click the "Gear" on the upper left to open Blue Iris Options > Cameras (Tab).

What is value is "Limit live preview rate (does not affect recording)" set for?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No WiFi! WiFi bad!
The cameras themselves have no lag. When I am logged into it making adjustments it’s 9seconds till I see a change on the BI screen. My BI is running at 12% and 1gb of ram usage.
First match the iframe interval to the fps in your cameras. Second, connect your blue iris pc to the same switch as the cameras, it appears you have network lag and one likely cause is plugging the pc into the router

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Click the "Gear" on the upper left to open Blue Iris Options > Cameras (Tab).

What is value is "Limit live preview rate (does not affect recording)" set for?
25fps the same as the record same as the camera... everything is set to 25fps

Last edited:

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First match the iframe interval to the fps in your cameras. Second, connect your blue iris pc to the same switch as the cameras, it appears you have network lag and one likely cause is plugging the pc into the router
All of the cams connect to the poe switch in my garage. The BI is in my house connected to the garage via a “power line networking adapter” I will check the model when I get back home. Perhaps the 1200mbps isn’t enough?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All of the cams connect to the poe switch in my garage. The BI is in my house connected to the garage via a “power line networking adapter” I will check the model when I get back home. Perhaps the 1200mbps isn’t enough?
Pretty sure it's the adapter... run a cable.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the adapter... run a cable.
If this was an option I would. Home owner said no drilling his brand new stucco. The recording is flawless, the preview is not. I’ll try and live with it.

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tested the actual data rate on the powerline? (not what the utility they supply says but real data transfer PC to PC)

If you're saying the recording is flawless then it sounds like the data from the cameras via the PoE switch is reaching the BI system ok but worth confirming the real data rate and see if its impacted by other equipment being used (washer, aircon etc).

Are the cameras using SD cards to locally record/buffer and the BI system catches up on demand? That may hide any network lag, at least in the recordings, but live view would probably show bursts of fast movement (or maybe chunks of), not sure how BI handles that if at all.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No sd cards

When I get home I’ll run a wire with the door open and see if it improves. If it does then we will know 100%. If it doesn’t, is there perhaps a setting I messed up with or something I can turn on or off? I’m at 18% with this cpu.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Edit: I see your screenshot shows the encoding. Maybe try H264 if possible. I've had similar problems with different encoding.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Edit: I see your screenshot shows the encoding. Maybe try H264 if possible. I've had similar problems with different encoding.
Isnt that what I have it set at?

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, I woke up this morning and I ran my cat5e from the POE switch to my gigabit switch.

~ SAME ISSUE CONTINUES ~

CAM > POE Switch > Power Line network adapter > GB Switch > Then one cable to the router and one to the BI computer.

CAM - IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
POE Switch - iCreatin 5-port Active Ethernet POE Switch with 4 PoE ports, 10/100Mbps, IEEE802.3af, 65Watt - http://a.co/eTOxfyz
Power Line Adapters - NETGEAR PowerLINE - XAVB5201 - Up to 500 Mbps
GB Switch - TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Network Switch - http://a.co/4fzYIV6

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.