5.2.1.0 new features?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This just came out today and the release notes say:
Assign sources and zones to action set actions.
Wait action updates.
Pause auto-cycle.
Other minor enhancements and bug fixes.

I had requested that we be able to pause auto-cycle and Ken said it would go in this release. So I'm confident its there somewhere. Maybe it's just me but I can't seem to find it.
I'm looking on the Keyboard shortcuts tab in Blue Iris Settings
I see Auto-cycle, auto-cycle patrol, Lots of Pause, Pause-live, Play, Play/pause, Un-pause.

(essentially just have the auto-cycle showing full screen. If you see something on one camera as its cycleing and want to stop the autocycle temporarily, have a hot key you can hit to stop the auto-cycle (but keep it all full screen). Previously, it would stop the auto-cycle and drop back to the pallete of 20 cams on the screen and youd have to un-check the autocycle, find the screen you want to enlarge and then enlarge.)

Here's my situation & thought:
I have 15 cameras, autocycling at full screen (27" screen) for about 3seconds each. Sometimes I see something and I want to pause the autocycle and then restart it once I've looked enough. I tried setting a keyboard shortcut under "Settings Info>Keyboard Shortcuts tab". I selected auto-cycle set with a keyboard shortcut (spacebar) and it doesn't just pause the full screen. Instead, it switches the screen back to a palette of all 15 cameras which makes the one I want to see pretty small even on a 27" screen. Then I need to use a mouse to uncheck the autocycle icon and enlarge the pic to full screen to get a good view. I'm guessing this is by design and it does work I guess. The problem is, that by the time I de-click the autocycle button and then enlarge the screen, what you want to see might be over. And then to get it cycling again, I have to select auto-cycle to engage again and resume full screen.

Example scenario: Someone pulls up in a truck & motion is detected on that camera, auto-cycle is normally paused by this on that screen as you'd expect. Thats normal behavior. If they're just sitting inside the truck for a while, then no movement is detected and the auto cycle will reengage and move on. My idea is to reach over, tap the spacebar (or whatever key you set for this) and pause the auto-cycle. Keeping it full screen, focused on that one cam (pausing the autocycle) and not dropping it back to the pallete of all the cams. If they sit there in the truck with no movement (getting out of the truck, moving the truck, etc), then the system will traditionally move on to other cameras. I want to be able to easily pause this. I actually posted a while back and several veterans have confirmed there's no way to do this currently. (I can't find that darn thread now!)

I'm asking if we could get a shortcut to stop the cycle while keeping the screen enlarged, and then hit the same key (or a different one if needed?) to resume the auto-cycle scrolling from camera to camera. I know you can use the right-arrow, left-arrow keys to hop back and look but if you are set to autocycle, it wont stay on that screen you went back to (unless there's motion detected). Sometimes this is ok if there's enough motion to keep the screen focused but a lot of times there might be motion on one of the other cams that refocuses the attention of the video, resulting in a fight to stay on the screen you're trying to focus on OR I guess there might not be enough motion to stay locked.

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I had requested something like the "Assign sources and zones to action set actions." some time back (probably not the only one...)
this should make PTZ tracking triggered by zones on other cams a bit simpler to implement. yeah!

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok here's where I think he tried to implement it but might not have understood what I was asking or even decided to do it differently.

In the manual now, the update specifies:
"The “live pause” icon at the top/right of the cameras window now also pauses camera autocycle as well as live video. Also the “live pause” command is available now to add as a keyboard shortcut. "

Yes......This WILL stop the scrolling of cameras but will ultimately freeze the image. My idea was to simply pause the changing of the screen so you can watch that one camera easily and stop it from scrolling to the next one or hopping to another camera where motion is detected.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok here's where I think he tried to implement it but might not have understood what I was asking or even decided to do it differently.

In the manual now, the update specifies:
"The “live pause” icon at the top/right of the cameras window now also pauses camera autocycle as well as live video. Also the “live pause” command is available now to add as a keyboard shortcut. "

Yes......This WILL stop the scrolling of cameras but will ultimately freeze the image. My idea was to simply pause the changing of the screen so you can watch that one camera easily and stop it from scrolling to the next one or hopping to another camera where motion is detected.

Its now in 5.2.1. Works GREAT

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had requested something like the "Assign sources and zones to action set actions." some time back (probably not the only one...)
this should make PTZ tracking triggered by zones on other cams a bit simpler to implement. yeah!
Have you been able to figure this out. I just updated and I am not finding it?

I have created the "poor man's" auto track by using the "clone and zone" method. I have 10 cloned cameras and each one has a designated zone and if something enters that zone, it calls up the PTZ preset for that particular area. I may have gone a little overboard LOL and may dial some back, but the results are fairly promising.

I thought this new option would also allow you to designate different zones for each preset (since it allows you to create Zone A through G and a hotspot) and do object detection zone crossing for each preset, but I guess that is asking for too much? For example, for Preset 1, I would love to have the Zones A,B, C and have it call it another preset to go to for zone triggering based on motion (for example, if it goes from A to B then preset 2 is called; if it goes from A to C, then preset 3 is called, etc.). I'd rather have it in the PTZ menu than lot's of clone cameras.

From the PTZ menu you get this menu and you can select "Override motion zones" to create Zone A through G and a hotspot for each preset, but that is it...

1584225654644.png

Shouldn't we then get the option to do this like we can in the fixed cams:

1584225839986.png

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the new changes are in each camera's 'alerts' tab, in the 'action set' pane you get to with the 'on alert...' button.
hit the "+' and select 'do command' to configure commands to send when specific zones are the 'source'.
so you could (i think) have cam1's zone A tell cam2 to go to preset 1, etc...

that said, i have yet to explore this and see if/how it actually works. Love to hear form anyone who's done so!

cheers, and stay safe! Paul.

Reaction score
I was hoping it was a pause for a camera doing patrols. I missed some cool panther videos because the camera went on it's patrol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping it was a pause for a camera doing patrols. I missed some cool panther videos because the camera went on it's patrol
This function already exists. Simply deselect auto-cycle patrol from the ptz control bar.

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not been able to get the PTZ override of motion zones. Any thoughts as to why?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Its now in 5.2.1. Works GREAT
Sorry to bump such an old thread but I wanted to find out if anyone is still using this feature. I remember that it was working and I used it for a long time. I recently rebuilt my machine and now I cant seem to get the autocycle to pause anymore. Post #1 and #3 in this thread explain it.

Does anyone else use this? What do you use when you have autocycle running and you want to pause on one camera (but not pause the live video)?