5.3.5 - November 27, 2020

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.3.5 - November 27, 2020
The ONVIF device inspection now pulls all available video profiles as well as profile details
necessary to distinguish multiple cameras on the same device.
The network camera configuration page has been revised to allow the selection of an ONVIF
profile for each of the main and sub streams. Also, the “params” box was removed. If you
had previously specified anything here, it will be added automatically to the end of the video
path.
The ONVIF GetEvents function has been revised to select only events relevant to the
camera’s selected video source configuration (important for devices with multiple cameras).

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving!

I was just playing with it. Sorry do not understand exactly what Onvif is suppose to do I know it is kind of the same lang now betwen bi and camera can talk and understand however. I got it to configure I think now.. and working but my alerts is not showing for onvif am I missing something or not worry about this.

1606517647290.png
1606517688641.png

I am trying with one camera first and maybe will start dialing every one of them. I know onvif is probably the way I should configure Just need to have broader understanding of what exactly it is.. Thank you so much Fenderman and thanks to Ken @ blueiris he is always improving the software so much !!! Even on a thanks giving weekend.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Testing this new version. Re-inspected my cameras and it pulled all the ONVIF info. Makes it very easy to configure sub streams etc. Nice update!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anybodies external ONVIF triggers stopped working? I did a reinspect of all my cams and had some of cams set to external triggers and those have all stopped working.

Checked their config and they settings to trigger on external triggers are still set.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I did some more “playing about” and have sort of found that if you upgrade from 5.3.4.3 and then don’t make any changes it carries on working but the minute you rescan the cam it stops.

I previously had the setting MediaProfile000 but this changes to 00000 which can’t be changed after a rescan. No idea if that is cause, football is on now so may have another play later today.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have experienced the same problem, loss of external/ONVIF triggers. Additionally motion detection seems to be affected as well. I just reverted back to 5.3.4.3, also.
What kind of motion detection have you experienced?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using Edge Vector and it seems to have lost some sensitivity. Motion that triggers in 3.4.3 won't trigger in 5.5.1 as an example. Increasing sensitivity isn't an option because I keep it very sensitive in the first place and use that, in combination with external triggers.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm using Edge Vector and it seems to have lost some sensitivity. Motion that triggers in 3.4.3 won't trigger in 5.5.1 as an example. Increasing sensitivity isn't an option because I keep it very sensitive in the first place and use that, in combination with external triggers.
I may have noticed this as well with Edge Vector.

Chris169

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same issues with a mix of Dahua-branded and Lorex cameras. Reverted to 5.3.3.16 and it's working again. Going to turn off updates for now. I emailed support prior to finding this thread. Will update the thread if they advise changing any settings.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I keep updates off as a rule but was interested in the new ONVIF features. Easy enough to revert back though.

tofu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do onvif profiles mean I can can somehow have BI trigger my Cam's day/night mode or disable/enable wdr without curl scripts?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do onvif profiles mean I can can somehow have BI trigger my Cam's day/night mode or disable/enable wdr without curl scripts?
Unless it changed, these are only the triggers for motion.