5.4.0 feedback?

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
5.4.0 seems to have been added (back) for several platforms this morning on the Hik Europe new repository (but still no sign on the US website)
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Front-ends/01--IPC/

It seems to be dated from April, which means that it is the same version some have tried earlier. Is there a consensus about it? Any release notes available?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think they have re-released it because of the Gmail TSL issue.

You can't go back once updated.

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.4.0 seems to have been added (back) for several platforms this morning on the Hik Europe new repository (but still no sign on the US website)
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Front-ends/01--IPC/

It seems to be dated from April, which means that it is the same version some have tried earlier. Is there a consensus about it? Any release notes available?
Release notes for 5.4.0 are now available.
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Front-ends/01--IPC/R6 platform (2X22FWD, 2X42FWD, 2X52)/Baseline Firmware_IPC_Raptor series_En_V5.4.0 160401(1.3MP, 2MP, 4MP, 5MP)Unable to degrade/

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
del boy, did you try the version before ? could you downgrade from that one ? i have it installed and are happy with it so far, but I will prob wait for version 5.5.0 to come out which should be soon it looks like anyway

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
v5.3.8 I could down-grade from yes, it's pretty stable except for the SSL issue but I don't use e-mail alerts via camera only NVR (and I don't check them they are just as a backup).

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I actually ment the previous release of V. 5.4.0 that came out. Not sure if it had the downgrade block or not already?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to downgrade and for me it's not running... Camera seems totally blocked ....(i've created a topic and i don't know what to do ....)

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are you trying to downgrade from 5.4.0 ? when it says it cant be downgraded, well it akways can be it just takes a whole lot of more work to do it than the regular way I suppose

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
are you trying to downgrade from 5.4.0 ? when it says it cant be downgraded, well it akways can be it just takes a whole lot of more work to do it than the regular way I suppose
Won't accept TFTP and I'm not going to open downgrade it as things are currently going ok with it.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've upgrade my camera taking the right version for my camera. But .... It's a chinese camera .... I've rode a lot of topics to unbrick the camera by downgrade. I've tried with the firmware from here, tried with a chinese firmware and for each time i'me blocked here :

[2016-06-29 20:29:56] TFTP server[192.0.0.128] initialized

[2016-06-29 20:30:06] Device[192.0.0.64] test tftpserver

[2016-06-29 20:30:14] Connect client[192.0.0.64] success

[2016-06-29 20:30:14] Start file[C:\5.30 Downgrader\digicap.dav] transmitting

[2016-06-29 20:30:49] Completed file[C:\5.30 Downgrader\digicap.dav] transmit

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've upgrade my camera taking the right version for my camera. But .... It's a chinese camera .... I've rode a lot of topics to unbrick the camera by downgrade. I've tried with the firmware from here, tried with a chinese firmware and for each time i'me blocked here :

File transmitted but i've never had notification of update like expected with TFTP (I've let TFTP more than one hour running ....) . I'm really deseapointed and i'm still waiting an help. Here's my topic :
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12057-DS-2CD2632F-IS-not-more-working-after-update-v5-4-0-R0?p=108877&viewfull=1#post108877
Stop spamming every thread if you want help. If you want quicker support than contact your seller for help.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Del Boy,

Sorry. I've edited my post and removed the link. For the rest, I've just given an answer to badmannen regarding my experience. Perahps the problem is different for me .. Sorry for one more time.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I installed 5.4.0 on 3 of my 4 HK IP cameras (2x DS-2CD2132 and 2x DS-2CD2142) and at least a couple suffered from repeated crashes (unresponsive system/offline). Once I rebooted the cameras by removing power, I was able to go into the GUI again but it would crash after a day or so. For now it appears that a total reset of all settings fixes the issue but I am not certain as not enough time has passed from the reset. I have also not re-established 100% of my prior settings.
I was afraid this might be the case with 5.4.0. Can you downgrade back to 5.3.8 with TFTP? Have you tried?

Reaction score
This post is old, but after so many month with a camera crashing all the time with firmware 5.4.0 (my camera is a DS-2CD2132F-IWS and is officially not supported by 5.4.0 but it allows installation... but downgrade to 5.3.0 is forbidden) it's finally fixed.
Hikvision released some weeks ago a 5.4.5 that solved my crash problem of RTSP, WEB servers (DOWNLOAD PORTAL).
The IPv6 didn't solve anything on my camera.

Reaction score
strange, mine is running since almost one week without any crash, it didn't happend since a long long time because of 5.4.0...

PS: I don't use any event, so I cannot confirm crash about it

Last edited:

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As above make sure all events are turned off. I found facial recognition was the cause of my 4Mp turret cam crashing/freezing using 5.4.0