5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you look at your trigger tab you are using the motion detection from your camera and BI. Uncheck the "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" option.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you look at your trigger tab you are using the motion detection from your camera and BI. Uncheck the "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" option.
Thanks. I also notice when I have the contrast at 20 in goes crazy. But when I increase it, oh about to 25, it stops triggering over and over. when I get back tomorrow i’ll uncheck the camera’s digital input. Thank you.

Last edited:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My camera is missing alot. I had 15 second pretrigger and 10 images to 50ms. So that would mean I would miss most things? 0.5 of a second is all the jpegs analysed by blueiris. So I would be better off 500ms and disabling pretrigger?

Is that how pretrigger works?

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've set up CodeProject AI and have had fairly good success. I'm still struggling with nighttime detection though (I posted this on a separate thread and got some advice but still having issues).

Camera is IPC-T2431T-AS. It's pointed at my driveway. Quite simply I want it to alert when there's a vehicle, dog or person in the view, at all hours.

Daytime: Near-perfect performance.

Nighttime: everything gets wonky (on this one and another nearby one).

I've done a bunch of tweaking, and on the alert clips I can see the vehicles perfectly. Lots of contrast, very clear image, and the "Analyze with AI" shows confidence >90% on the playback. It's triggering via motion so at least it's recording, but it's not generating an alert.

Here is a screenshot and my settings. The only reason this alerted is because it picked up on Person, otherwise it would have ignored the video.

By the way, is ipcam-dark actually meant to detect objects better at night? Or is that mistaken thinking? Should I be using a different custom model? I started off with the built-in models and am trying the custom ones to see if they work better but they seem about the same.

1668746750772.png
1668746824022.png

1668746918419.png1668746881853.png

Attachments

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've set up CodeProject AI and have had fairly good success. I'm still struggling with nighttime detection though (I posted this on a separate thread and got some advice but still having issues).

Camera is IPC-T2431T-AS. It's pointed at my driveway. Quite simply I want it to alert when there's a vehicle, dog or person in the view, at all hours.

Daytime: Near-perfect performance.

Nighttime: everything gets wonky (on this one and another nearby one).

I've done a bunch of tweaking, and on the alert clips I can see the vehicles perfectly. Lots of contrast, very clear image, and the "Analyze with AI" shows confidence >90% on the playback. It's triggering via motion so at least it's recording, but it's not generating an alert.

Here is a screenshot and my settings. The only reason this alerted is because it picked up on Person, otherwise it would have ignored the video.

By the way, is ipcam-dark actually meant to detect objects better at night? Or is that mistaken thinking? Should I be using a different custom model? I started off with the built-in models and am trying the custom ones to see if they work better but they seem about the same.

View attachment 145929
View attachment 145930

View attachment 145933View attachment 145932
@dockdoc If you look at your 2nd screenshot, the labels are "Person" and "Car", not all lowercase "person" and "car".

So for the "To Confirm", try Person,Car,Dog as a test and see if that triggers.

Here are the labels for each of @MikeLud1 custom models GitHub - MikeLud/CodeProject.AI-Custom-IPcam-Models

You can see the available labels are different for each model.

Personally, I have consistent success with ipcam-general for both day and night

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@dockdoc If you look at your 2nd screenshot, the labels are "Person" and "Car", not all lowercase.

So for the "To Confirm", try Person,Car,Dog as a test and see if that triggers.

Here are the labels for each of @MikeLud1 custom models. You see the available labels are different for each. GitHub - MikeLud/CodeProject.AI-Custom-IPcam-Models

Personally, I have consistent success with ipcam-general for both day and night
I'll try anything, but I don't think that's going to do it. The AI is working under daylight conditions and it picked up "Person" here just fine despite it being lowercase.

I may switch over to ipcam-general next, thanks.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll try anything, but I don't think that's going to do it. The AI is working under daylight conditions and it picked up "Person" here just fine despite it being lowercase.

I may switch over to ipcam-general next, thanks.
@dockdoc Also, try unchecking "Detect/ignore static objects" temporarily. Perhaps, AI thinks your car is "static". For next few triggered events, examine your AI result details a bit more carefully.

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@dockdoc Also, try unchecking "Detect/ignore static objects" temporarily. Perhaps, AI thinks your car is "static". For next few triggered events, examine your AI result details a bit more carefully.
I'll try that, but FYI that Static dropdown references a person. This reminds me though... I have another camera pointed down a dark driveway, and that thing picks up the front quarter panel on my car that's parked out there in the darkness, every single time. Just seems super weird that a full-view pickup truck with decent lighting isn't triggering anything.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll try that, but FYI that Static dropdown references a person. This reminds me though... I have another camera pointed down a dark driveway, and that thing picks up the front quarter panel on my car that's parked out there in the darkness, every single time. Just seems super weird that a full-view pickup truck with decent lighting isn't triggering anything.
@dockdoc Share a screenshot of your alert config. Did you include "Car" as a required object for that alert?

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@dockdoc Share a screenshot of your alert config. Did you include "Car" as a required object for that alert?
I'm not sure what you mean... are you referring to the "on alert..." option? I do have Car in that, but regardless it's not registering an alert to even generate a notification. Trying to fix this issue before I focus on the notifications, if that makes sense.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@dockdoc Your "On Alert" is active for profile 1 and 3 only, is that intended? So do you change profile during the day/night?

Separately, why is only zone B checked? Is that the right zone for the motion?

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@dockdoc Your "On Alert" is active for profile 1 and 3 only, is that intended? So do you change profile during the day/night?

Separately, why is only zone B checked? Is that the right zone for the motion?
Correct on both counts. 1 is day, 3 is late night. Zone B basically marks out our driveway so we don't pick up the street or neighbor's traffic. Those settings have all been stable and working well.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@dockdoc

Understood, other than trying "Person,Car,Dog" in the required object, or leave that field completely blank, I don't see anything else out of place...