5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 That is some great detail. I guess my original question still remains, if I only have "ipcam-general" specified as custom model, why do I see Face Processing counter increment up in CodeProjectAI admin screen when this cam is triggered?

Given your explanation, I assume face detection would be skipped in this case, right?
If you have Facial recognition checked in the main AI settings then you need to have "faces:0,ipcam-general" in the camera AI settings Custom Models box.

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the topic of face recognition, has anyone successfully used it? I ask because my results to date have unsuccessful.

I have never had a face actually identified as anything other than Uknown. Is there some additional setup required over and above enabling and saving some known faces and labelling them?

Is it necessary to use names in a confirm or cancel box? Up until now I have assumed the person's name would show up on the triggered image.

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
BI 5.6.0.8 and Codeproject 1.5.6-0002 CPU mode is working flawless. Up over 53000 processed without a restart, which on my system was 8/30 when I updated from 5.6.0.7

Screenshot 2022-09-07 195305.png

tofu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the topic of face recognition, has anyone successfully used it? I ask because my results to date have unsuccessful.

I have never had a face actually identified as anything other than Uknown. Is there some additional setup required over and above enabling and saving some known faces and labelling them?

Is it necessary to use names in a confirm or cancel box? Up until now I have assumed the person's name would show up on the triggered image.
It's just a gimmick at this point. It works best with a close up cam like a doorbell.

Either way, too many false triggers and misses, even with many many photos trained

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BI 5.6.0.8 and Codeproject 1.5.6-0002 CPU mode is working flawless. Up over 53000 processed without a restart, which on my system was 8/30 when I updated from 5.6.0.7

View attachment 139268
Well done.
Which custom model are you using?
Previously , I tried the IPCAM-Combined and IPCAM-General models, and my person detection rate was down, so I went back to standard models. I also found only a modest performance improvement in detection times.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Well done.
Previously , I tried the IPCAM-Combined and IPCAM-General models, and my person detection rate was down, so I went back to standard models. I also found only a modest performance improvement in detection times.
I am currently only using the IPCAM-Combined model. Most of my person detections are in the 50-60% range, but are not missing any. My detection areas are fairly close up with the farthest being around 40 ft. away.

clk8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well done.

I am using the YOLOv5l and I have seen it detect a person from over 100ft away on an older 2mp camera and I am pretty sure it is not missing anyone

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DeepStack and then CodeProject AI worked fine until I installed the latest versions of everything, having first uninstalled the older versions and deleting DeepStack, CodeProject, Nvidia and Blue Iris files that were still hanging around on my system. Unfortunately, incompetence has crept in and now I always get 'Nothing Found' using default or custom, even though all the .pt files are in CodeProject's assets etc.

When I first dared to open the registry, I could see a path under Blue iris AI but now the yellow AI folder (if that's what it's called) has disappeared (A1 is different, whatever that's for). I also notice that when I delete everything I can find in explorer about Blue Iris, it reinstalls in seconds and remembers all my cameras and settings. I can't find anything in the registry for CodeProject.

Is there any chance one of you knowledgeable guys could suggest how to make it all work again please or at least point me in the right direction?

Screenshot 2022-09-06 170053.pngScreenshot 2022-09-08 160425.pngScreenshot 2022-09-08 160216.pngScreenshot 2022-09-08 085350.pngScreenshot 2022-09-08 085350.pngScreenshot 2022-09-08 165715.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DeepStack and then CodeProject AI worked fine until I installed the latest versions of everything, having first uninstalled the older versions and deleting DeepStack, CodeProject, Nvidia and Blue Iris files that were still hanging around on my system. Unfortunately, incompetence has crept in and now I always get 'Nothing Found' using default or custom, even though all the .pt files are in CodeProject's assets etc.

When I first dared to open the registry, I could see a path under Blue iris AI but now the yellow AI folder (if that's what it's called) has disappeared (A1 is different, whatever that's for). I also notice that when I delete everything I can find in explorer about Blue Iris, it reinstalls in seconds and remembers all my cameras and settings. I can't find anything in the registry for CodeProject.

Is there any chance one of you knowledgeable guys could suggest how to make it all work again please or at least point me in the right direction?
@Dave Lonsdale It seems that manual test via Explorer UI is working, right?

Perhaps you can share some screenshots of a triggered event *.dat file to confirm what models are in-play.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 139307View attachment 139308View attachment 139309View attachment 139310View attachment 139310View attachment 139311
The below show where in the registry the custom model path is.
Also I have been emailing the CodeProject.AI team this morning on registry issue everyone is having.

1662661282881.png

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The below show where in the registry the custom model path is.
Also I have been emailing the CodeProject.AI team this morning on registry issue everyone is having.

View attachment 139312
Yes, fingers crossed that we will soon see the fruits of the behind the scenes work being done by both Ken and the CodeProject people to make this much easier to setup and customize/control.

Patiently waiting on the sidelines...

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
MideLud1 why had you got deepstack appearing in your registry, is that the key to getting Code Project AI working with Blue Iris?

slidermike

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
MideLud1 why had you got deepstack appearing in your registry, is that the key to getting Code Project AI working with Blue Iris?
BlueIris was the original AI integrated with BI so thats what the registry key calls the AI.
That is the path to the custom models no matter which AI you choose to use. Deepstack or Code Project AI.

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So if you have never installed DeepStack what then?

slidermike

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So if you have never installed DeepStack what then?
Getting CPAI installed and going is not the tough part. The devils in the details.
If you want to use DeepStack then its as easy as it was before.
If you go with CPAI then there is more manual effort as it has not been fully integrated.

Start with getting CPAI and installing it.
If your tech savvy you can run a CPAI container. Otherwise just run the installer on the BI server as described below.

Then go read Mikes post below and pay attention to editing the registry path for the custom models.
And where to find the custom model names.
Its a manual process so be aware its not click click click and done.

I am far from the best resource here but this is how I managed to get it going. More or less.

Specifically his post here
5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI,
How to disable Scene Classification and Object Detection module I can't find their folder
www.ipcamtalk.com
www.ipcamtalk.com
He forgot to mention he also edited the registry just above the path because that is the "enable" button that is greyed out in BI.
Change the value from 0 to 1 to enable the use of the custom folder.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Gentlemen, many thanks for providing me with the benefit of your knowledge.
MikeLud1, I’ve now found the path to the custom models - thank you
slidermike, excellent links! could you identify the line to stop the custom model folder path being greyed out please - the “deepstack_custom” ”value data” is already a “1” in my registry
actran, it’s been so long ago now since I dabbled with the .dat files I have forgotten how to use them in testing and tuning. See below. I will spend time on this.
Screenshot 2022-09-08 204850.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Dave Lonsdale In BI console, hold down Ctrl key while double-clicking on an alert to open AI details.

This will work if you've configured cam to save dat file when triggered.