5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have never in the past year while running BI had any AI even identify a cat - correctly or incorrectly.
The yolov5l model works well for detecting cats.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 5.53.50 PM.png

bjohnrini

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does an upgrade process for SenseAI go thru the same steps as an initial install?
I downloaded the new installer, and it seems to be doing that.

CAL7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This seems to be the most active thread for CP.AI questions but if there is a better place - just tell me and I'll go away.

In your opinion, is the time upon us where it's time for a follow-the-recipe type (e.g. me) to convert from DS to CP.AI? Should I wait for any dramatic new and improved installation and support within BI from Ken? For perspective, getting the nVidia drivers and DS installed was a challenge but I plowed through it and do have it working.

Thanks for any direction.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
This seems to be the most active thread for CP.AI questions but if there is a better place - just tell me and I'll go away.

In your opinion, is the time upon us where it's time for a follow-the-recipe type (e.g. me) to convert from DS to CP.AI? Should I wait for any dramatic new and improved installation and support within BI from Ken? For perspective, getting the nVidia drivers and DS installed was a challenge but I plowed through it and do have it working.

CP AI pretty much just works. I never messed with DS but from what I’ve read this is a lot easier. Just run the install program and turn it on in BI. Point it to a custom model (if you wish) and let it run. Pretty easy. I had it going in less than 30 minutes never coming with any background from DS.

You just need the Nvidia drivers and Cuda installed if you are using a GPU.

Last edited:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where can I find the list of objects which that model can detect?
How do I point BI towards that model while also using ipcam-combined?
You can download the model from Releases · ultralytics/yolov5. Then put the model in your custom model directory (default is C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\custom-models. Once you've completed this you can add the yolov5I in BI.

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 6.42.22 AM.png

You shouldn't need to use both models on the same camera. However, if you want to run both models, just use a comma to separate them (ipcam-combined,yolov5I).

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
CP.AI recent installs like v1.6.6 includes these models out-of-the-box at C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\assets
...so no need to download...
Ok so how do I use a combination of the yolo models and the ipcam models together? Ideally I'd like to have the ipcam-combined model for the day profile and the yolo model for the night profile. Won't both models need to be the same folder specified in the AI tab?

Last edited:

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Now is the time, having used DS for years I confirmed a little while back that CP.AI was ready for mainstream and now with later versions and better support in BI it's much easier to use/install and performs better than DS

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I also think it would be a good time for an Install guide or sticky on CP.AI. I would do it but I am terrible on explaining how to do anything in person, let alone on paper. I think BI is pretty much good to go, but I am sure CP.AI will keep improving.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

You can download the model from Releases · ultralytics/yolov5. Then put the model in your custom model directory (default is C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\custom-models. Once you've completed this you can add the yolov5I in BI.

View attachment 143017

You shouldn't need to use both models on the same camera. However, if you want to run both models, just use a comma to separate them (ipcam-combined,yolov5I).
With version 1.6.7 now you can set which version YOLO model to use as default

1666106574500.png

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Heads up, I just tried to install 1.6.7 and it errored on me. Normally I just upgrade over existing version, but not this time. I had to uninstall 1.6.6 and then it went ok.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 114549.png