5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You may want to start in page 1 of this thread and work your way forward. I know it’s a bit of reading but a lot of these questions are answered already and you will gain a bit more understanding of the entire project as well.
Anyone else wish the forum had an option to disable pagnation and just have infinate scroll/load, would be great for posts with 52 pages!

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone else wish the forum had an option to disable pagnation and just have infinate scroll/load, would be great for posts with 52 pages!
Yeah that would make it easier to read for sure. I spent about an hour skimming this thread thread before I took the plunge. We do need a FAQ or small how-to guide but the project is changing so rapidly it could be made irrelevant quickly upon changes.

Reaction score
I installed the latest BI version and downloaded CodeProject on a test computer. Most every thing is working very well.

USPS is triggering when a vehicle is detected and LPR is not working.

A587358B-5B72-4F2B-942E-1686519EFBA0.jpeg
897320F4-5F70-4479-AE76-E3FA4177E8A7.jpeg
312902AD-5EC6-4F04-8D56-D1CA389967E8.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

MikeR33

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine has been massively more stable than it was with DS over the past few weeks, with DS it would require a reboot (sometimes a forced power off) at least once every 3-4 days (if not more often) with it just going into timeout constantly or crashing the OS. I thought there was a hardware fault on my pc but since CPAI not a single issue. Looking forward to the LPR being added :)

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine has been massively more stable than it was with DS over the past few weeks
Same. DS was a POS. Every couple weeks, it just refused to detect anything and become non-responsive, even though the test web page worked. The only thing that fixed it was reinstalling DS, which was a royal PITA.

CPAI has worked flawlessly ever since I installed it, and with much better response times/lower CPU usage. I'm keen to see how it improves even further.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yolo not working with gpu? I have a GT 1030. Net is gpu Cuda, but Yolo only cpu... Custom models only with Yolo working?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yolo not working with gpu? I have a GT 1030. Net is gpu Cuda, but Yolo only cpu... Custom models only with Yolo working?
Do you have both Object Detection (.NET) and Object Detection (YOLO) enabled? If so you can only have one enable not both.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have both Object Detection (.NET) and Object Detection (YOLO) enabled? If so you can only have one enable not both.
I can activate. Net and Yolo all working... Crazy

Okay now I can only activate one.. Net with gpu. But Yolo only cpu. I have disable half. My GT 1030 not working with half.. But hardware type gpu

Attachments

Last edited:

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For those that use CPU-based detection, do you use .NET or YOLO option? I believe if you're using custom models, then YOLO is the only option, but I'm curious how much performance differences between the two option. Has anyone done extensive benchmark between the two? Previously, I was using Deepstack in container with P400 GPU and was seeing ~100ms performance and now with latest version of CodeProject.AI, i'm seeing 120-200ms performance with ipcam-general custom model, which is somewhat similar to what I've seen before running Deepstack CPU. Surprisingly, I'm only seeing very little CPU spike when comparing to Deepstack previously.

CAL7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am about ready to take the plunge and upgrade from Deepstack to CP.AI. I'd appreciate any advice or comments on the proper approach.

Currently running an I5 Windows 10 system with a Quadro P400/2GB DDR5. BI is 5.5.7.11. (I installed an older version of CP.AI but it didn't work right and I backed down until I could focus on the project. BI is older because I had Deepstack issues with newer versions of BI.) CUDA is v10.1.243.

I have downloaded the CP.AI script "install-CUDnn.bat" and CUDA Toolkit 11.8 and CP.AI 1.6.7.0. I also made a complete C: drive image backup so I can revert if it all goes badly.

My plan is to:

1. Upgrade the P400 drivers to Release 515 (following the instructions in the script to upgrade to 11.7 drivers, 11.8 is the latest version that nVidia shows).

2. Upgrade the CUDA Toolkit to 11.8. Is there any reason to upgrade specifically to 11.7 even though 11.8 is available?

3. Run the "install-CUDnn.bat" script

4. Install CP.AI v1.6.7.

5. Test to see if anything yet has broken the current Deepstack just so I know have a still working system to which I can return if needed. Probably do another C: image backup.

6. Update BI. Choices are stable 5.6.1.3 or beta 5.6.2.9. Is the latter needed for CP.AI?

7. Point BI to CP.AI instead of Deepstack. Do more research into custom models (Thanks @MikeLud1 !) and fine-tune.

Please tell me if there's something stupid in the above.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am about ready to take the plunge and upgrade from Deepstack to CP.AI. I'd appreciate any advice or comments on the proper approach.

Currently running an I5 Windows 10 system with a Quadro P400/2GB DDR5. BI is 5.5.7.11. (I installed an older version of CP.AI but it didn't work right and I backed down until I could focus on the project. BI is older because I had Deepstack issues with newer versions of BI.) CUDA is v10.1.243.

I have downloaded the CP.AI script "install-CUDnn.bat" and CUDA Toolkit 11.8 and CP.AI 1.6.7.0. I also made a complete C: drive image backup so I can revert if it all goes badly.

My plan is to:

1. Upgrade the P400 drivers to Release 515 (following the instructions in the script to upgrade to 11.7 drivers, 11.8 is the latest version that nVidia shows).

2. Upgrade the CUDA Toolkit to 11.8. Is there any reason to upgrade specifically to 11.7 even though 11.8 is available?

3. Run the "install-CUDnn.bat" script

4. Install CP.AI v1.6.7.

5. Test to see if anything yet has broken the current Deepstack just so I know have a still working system to which I can return if needed. Probably do another C: image backup.

6. Update BI. Choices are stable 5.6.1.3 or beta 5.6.2.9. Is the latter needed for CP.AI?

7. Point BI to CP.AI instead of Deepstack. Do more research into custom models (Thanks @MikeLud1 !) and fine-tune.

Please tell me if there's something stupid in the above.
Stick with CUDA 11.7

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Enable. Net and Yolo same
Check your log, see my log below, also when I have both enabled the custom model does not work right see below, the ipcam-general model does not have potted plant.

2022-10-24 03:33:48: Server: Started Object Detection (.NET) backend in Server
2022-10-24 03:33:51: Server: ObjectDetectionNet.exe: Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down. in Server
2022-10-24 03:33:51: Server: ObjectDetectionNet.exe: Hosting environment: Production in Server
2022-10-24 03:33:51: Server: ObjectDetectionNet.exe: Content root path: C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionNet in Server
2022-10-24 03:33:52: Object Detection (Net): Object Detection (Net) module started. in Object Detection (Net)
2022-10-24 03:33:52: Server: ObjectDetectionNet.exe: Please ensure you don't enable this module along side any other Object Detection module using the 'vision/detection' route and 'detection_queue' queue (eg. ObjectDetectionYolo). There will be conflicts in Server

1666597387566.png

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the position on SenseAi vs DS now?

Also, what's the position with GPU vs CPU?

I know DS was recently reported as having made GPU@s effectively obsolete for detection and CPU alone was sufficient yet from the bit I can skim read on recent posts, is SenseAI still reliant on GPU for good performance / fast detection?

Although I love a development thread like this and it's interesting, unless you follow the thread from the very start, it canbecome very confusing with info split over dozens of pages. There's sometimes a lot to be said for separate thread which is trimmed down to just give the basics - what it is, how to install, how to use, latest changes (maybe incorporated into updated usage instructions or feature list).