5.6.4 - November 16, 2022

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.6.4 - November 16, 2022
The database now tracks the number and type of alerts for each clip. Icons for AI-confirmed
people and vehicles will also be shown on the clips list along with a count of the number of
alerts.
The clips list has also received other visual updates including a graphical representation of
the beginning and duration of each item.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone care to post some screen shots of these new features? Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We will use that as the incentive for the yet another post we will get tomorrow from some OCD'er that says all their past alert clips are gone since their machine updated :lmao: Post the screenshot and we will tell you what to do since you are too lazy to do a search LOL :lmao:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
We will use that as the incentive for the yet another post we will get tomorrow from some OCD'er that says all their past alert clips are gone since their machine updated :lmao: Post the screenshot and we will tell you what to do since you are too lazy to do a search LOL :lmao:
HaHa! I like staying off the bleeding edge, but I would like to see what these new features look like.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here’s an Acrobat ‘document compare’ of the help pdf showing differences between 5.6.4.0 and 5.6.3.7.

For optimum viewing, use the two-page view.

In addition to the features listed in the ‘Update Notes’ section, a new HTTP interface command was added.
1668749078592.png

There may be other additions that I missed.

Attachments

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here’s what I’m seeing.
The alerts count and icons are straightforward, but I’m not getting how to interpret the little horizontal bars (example in the yellow rectangle). I kinda expected to see up to 8 of them in the highlighted example.

EDIT (11/18/2022) - new highlighted screenshot
1668811165688.png

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow, just reading through the first few pages the changes are enough to motivate me to update......The different ways to search your network(s) for cameras etc,,,,,

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here’s what I’m seeing for Alerts in the cliplist panel.
The highlighted horizontal bar locates the alert in the clip’s timeline.
If you scroll down the cliplist, the bar moves right to left, then repeats as each new clip is started.

1668788951355.jpeg

Last edited:

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here’s what I’m seeing.
The alerts count and icons are straightforward, but I’m not getting how to interpret the little horizontal bars (example in the yellow rectangle). I kinda expected to see up to 8 of them in the highlighted example.
View attachment 145940
@bp2008 Not sure if you've seen the above improvements in this BI release. Will UI3 reflect this as well, if not now, at some point?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
From Ken.... re the Clips screenshot in post #7 above.

"The purple segments at the bottom of the items is meant to graphically represent the starting time and duration of the clip within the day ... a mini-timeline view. So you can tell at a glance when in the day it occurred rather than reading all of the date/times."

It's so obvious now. If you scroll down the cliplist for a selected camera, the segment moves right to left, then repeats as each new day is started.

BTW, the "segments" take the color assigned to the camera... so yours is unlikely to be purple.

Last edited: