5.7.1 - March 6, 2023

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.7.1 - March 6, 2023
Motion zones now have associated colors. A new custom GUI control was also developed
for zone selection. Double-clicking in this control as well as the profile selection control
may now be used to quickly set a single value or to set all values.
It’s now possible to add motion zone letter specifications to individual alert action “required
AI objects” or “skip with” settings.
Updated Apple push notification service which will expire April 2, 2023; use version 5.7.1
or newer for uninterrupted push notifications from the iOS app. The new expiration is April
2, 2024.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
RE new feature:
It’s now possible to add motion zone letter specifications to individual alert action “required AI objects” or “skip with” settings.

What this means is this...

While we previously could not specify motion zones to filter the execution of 'On alert' actions with External/ONVIF triggers.
1678147325072.png does not work!

We now can
1678147352764.png works! (confirmed by testing tonight)... Note: the 'Motion zones' options are ignored and do not matter.

Key point: this works without specifying the desired motion zone(s) in the 'To confirm' field in the the Trigger>AI Page.
Specifying zones on this page will limit all triggers, which may not be desirable if you want to trigger on all zones, but execute 'On alert' actions for only some zones.
1678173521665.png

I should note that I've enabled 'Use zones and hot spot' on the Trigger>Configure ('Motion sensor') page.
Based on my testing, this appears to be required (even if not using the built-in motion detector).
1678174984020.png

Background:

I recently emailed Ken about not being able to use specific zones to filter 'On alert' Run actions when using External/ONVIF triggers.
My goal was to accomplish this WITHOUT specifying zones in the Trigger/AI page 'To confirm' field (thus filtering all triggers).

Here is Ken's reply on March 3... (the emphasis is mine)

"When using ONVIF/external triggering, the motion is not assigned to any zone. Zones apply to the built-in motion detector.

However... zones ARE assigned to AI discovered objects based on the zones maps that you show. This means you can filter the ALERT to only occur with an object found in a specific zone. In the "to confirm" box on the Trigger/AI page in camera settings, use something like this: person:C50 meaning 50% confidence it's a person in zone C.

The zone addition is not currently implemented for individual actions using the "required objects" field, but this might be a straightforward addition."

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Renewed my subscription. $34.95 one year installed 5.7.1. so far so good. previous version was 5.5.0.15 - 09/21/21