5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It better not be! I will find out. I will disassemble it and research it. If it is, I will be all over, Charlie Chen and who ever else is screwing ppl.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No. Installed it 2 days ago, messed with the settings cause the image wasn't great, did a factory reset and thats it.

Rice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, why?
I had a camera from ZXTec that used the same firmware. When I tried to update that, it bricked it!

Did you use the cameras web server to update or the search tool program?

Cheers

Rice

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a camera from ZXTec that used the same firmware. When I tried to update that, it bricked it!

Did you use the cameras web server to update or the search tool program?

Cheers

Rice
How did you update the firmware, Klasipca?

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hisilicon sounds like the processor inside is made by Huawei as most of their android phones use their in-house-designed processor with the same name.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
How did you update the firmware, Klasipca?
Just via web ui or ipsearcher, nothing too special. But keep in mind to get correct firmware and there is always a risk bricking the cam. Personally I semi bricked one of other Longse cams when I loaded wrong firmware, but for the same sensor and was able to unbrick it with Longse help

yobigd20

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
"not looking for anything fancy/super high quality. just something functional."

I'd say look elsewhere. These things have too many issues.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Agreed! It was fun while it lasted... until the cam went live. lol

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Well, this mainly comes down to your personal opinion, I have been running my cam for half a year now without touching anything in configuration and it's been flawless. I wouldn't buy more of them though because well, they don't have PTZ.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I like my Longse S500 a lot...but I too would not use the term "flawless" to describe it: I find the S500 configuration interface program problematic and quirky...I run with the defaults because I can't seem to make effective configuration edits using the program. I gave up.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I like my Longse S500 a lot...but I too would not use the term "flawless" to describe it: I find the S500 configuration interface program problematic and quirky...I run with the defaults because I can't seem to make effective configuration edits using the program. I gave up.
yeah UI is no where near as stable as Hikvision, but oh well, it has been stable otherwise as long as everything default

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This was as a result of POE getting too hot inside a box without ventilation, it's no longer an issue.
Yes because its a poor design with the POE in the cable rather than the camera - as well as likely a low end module.

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman - when I had my S500 (bullet type), it was poe on board, internal to the camera. I've never seen an in-wire poe module. All poe implementation I've seen for ip cameras have used the standard 38mm board module method. I've found most poe modules are interchangeable between cameras and manufacturers as well, so if you had an in-wire you could likely convert to a board module solution

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman - when I had my S500 (bullet type), it was poe on board, internal to the camera. I've never seen an in-wire poe module. All poe implementation I've seen for ip cameras have used the standard 38mm board module method. I've found most poe modules are interchangeable between cameras and manufacturers as well, so if you had an in-wire you could likely convert to a board module solution
It is on the wire on the turret model he has. It is also on the wire on some versions of the bullet, while others have it on board. Some low end dahua do this as well. The likely problem is a low end poe module coupled with a bad design.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the only picture I have of the S500 Turret "inline POE module" which I've tucked inside the pipe which the camera is mounted on...

WLC-04.jpg

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have 3 different Longse turrets they all have POE on wire, it sux, but I can deal with it.