5231-Z5 Bullet Hang/Slow

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with my 5231 Z5 and it's forcing me to reboot it every couple of days. In BlueIris I just get a "No Signal" message and the last shot form the camera being all white. When I try and log into the camera it's painfully slow. Takes a few minutes for the login screen to render and the same all the way through until I can hit the manual reboot button.

I have the camera rebooting daily to see would it fix the issue but it does not. I'm still forced into a manual reboot when I notice the issue.

My 5231 turret is displaying no such behavour.

Any ideas?

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you using IVS on it? I turned IVS on mine and the same thing happened. I had to unplug it and plug it back in. I did a default settings on it and it's been doing fine.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of my Z12 has started doing a similar thing, white screen but can see the IVS rules and the time. Only way I can fix is to hard power cycle it.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m using BlueIris for all the work. IVS should not be enabled. Like I mentioned the camera is rebooting daily (automatically) and almost every second day I’m forced into a manual reboot

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't use BI and still getting similar behavior. Kinda makes me think that it could be the cams.

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine was doing it every about every 12 hours until I reset it to default settings. I haven't had a problem since.

It seemed like something was overloading it. The time would skip - jumping frames. It would also not automatically adjust as daylight would come. The screen would turn completely white. I was unable to log into it to reboot it. I had to go to the power box and disconnect and then reconnect it.

I got mine in September.

Last edited:

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are these cams blocked from connecting to the internet?
Any ports forwarded on router?
Yes they are blocked on the router from accessing the outside world. Only 1 port forwarded on the router and that's to BlueIris (I don't have the VPN setup yet)

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I've been watching this happening again this week and I noticed it seems common to the time before sunrise (or at least the last few times I've managed to check the camera itself). I wonder is it getting bright outside and something is stopping the camera switching to day mode. Perhaps the early daylight is overloading the sensor. As the camera is running so slow when I detect this I'm guessing something is slowing the camera down prior to it getting bright and it can't switch itself into day mode. I'm leaving the camera as is today and checking if the daily auto-reboot will fix it tomorrow morning.

Another thing to ponder. The auto-reboot is set for 7am. Daylight is starting around 7.30am so could the reboot be contributing......?

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing around the same time. I don't think it was because it was switching from night to day, as none of my other cameras were even close to switching over.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm almost convinced it's not switching to day mode or something similar. My camera is fine now that it's night. I went back and watched the recordings from daylight to darkness and sure enough the camera is a complete whiteout but gradually B&W picture appears the darker the evening gets. Now that it's pitch dark outside the camera is functioning perfectly. The Web UI is still extremely slow to load compared to my other active Dahua HDW 5231 turret.