7608 with 3.3.4 does it work with Chinese hacked to English and INTL English cams?

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys,

Does a 7608 Firmware is V3.3.4 Latest Version Multi Language NVR work with the International English Version IPC V5.3.3 cameras AND the Chinese serial "CCH" hacked to English??

Its the Chinese hacked to English I worry about.

The response from the vendor below seems to imply no problems with the Chinese hacked to English cams.

Thanks for your letter!
1.The Firmware is V3.3.4 Latest Version Multi Language. Could work with the International English Version IPC V5.3.3 .
2. And as long as your IP C amera support Hikvision ,They are compatible well.

1.About you said "this NVR work with Chinese serial number cameras firmware changed to Multi language Cameras version 5.2.5"
Yes, they can work well with. As long as your IP Camera support Hikvision.

2.you don't have to worry about that.

3. And We have a lot of customers so use it.

John Chen

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Re: 7608 with 3.3.4 does it work with Chinese hacked to English and INTL English cams

Don't trust Aliexpress sellers for compatibility advise unless they are supplying the whole lot (and still be careful!)

Yes it does work.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: 7608 with 3.3.4 does it work with Chinese hacked to English and INTL English cams

thanks Delboy appreciate the advice.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Don't trust Aliexpress sellers for compatibility advise unless they are supplying the whole lot (and still be careful!)

Yes it does work.
Bugger I forgot to mention it is a 7608N NOT a 7608NI

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

7608N in English with v3.3.4 will work. You can upgrade it here, @rommycam worked out how, so thanks to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

hi Delboy is this NVR likely to be Chinese loaded with English multi language or a genuine International NVR?

cheers

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I suggest you do some reading on this forum.

N = China region (So originally Chinese modded to English)
NI = International export model in English (Originally English)

You can make an assumption on price, NI is more expensive and N is cheaper, same as cameras.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

"Multi Language" generally means it'll be Chinese with English firmware... i.e. the N model and not the NI.

I'm happy with the N and saved myself about £100 from memory.