7616 NVR and camera setup - network unreachable no video

Reaction score
I have looked at a number of posts on this topic, but remain stuck, especially around poe up address and camera up addresses.
Below are pics of my system details in the nvr chi and sadp tool.
Am trying to get 3 cameras up on 7616 nvr.
As of yet only 2 are showing and none are displaying. sadp tool is showing some random ip settings for NVR and one camera.
Firmware looks current.
I plug cable into nvr from laptop to review sadp.
Figure I'm doing small thing wrong.
Any assistance welcomed.
Win10 laptop.
Tim

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I plug cable into nvr from laptop to review sadp.
Presumably all 3 cameras are also plugged in to NVR PoE ports.

As of yet only 2 are showing and none are displaying. sadp tool is showing some random ip settings for NVR and one camera.
It's easiest to simply add the cameras under 'Plug&Play' when they are Inactive.
But the cameras have already been Activated, one with a fixed LAN IP address and one with DHCP.

To add cameras already activated -
Use SADP to set the IP address of each camera to match the IP address that's specified on the specific port you have plugged the camera in to, as shown on the Camera Management screen.
Presumably 192.168.254.2 and .3 and .4 for ports 1 and 2 and 3
If the camera passwords are not the same as the NVR password (or the camera-specific password defined in the NVR), in the NVR Camera Management page - configure the camera passwords to match that set on the cameras.
This will need to be done by changing the channel to Manual instead of Plug&Play.

Reaction score
thanks alastair -
it seems as if i can get one camera working now, which reflects 192.168.254.7 ip address and this worked under plug and play conditions.
In my attempt to change the other camera ip addresses in sadp, i am now greeted with a password issue when i go to save the modifications.
i have rolled through all the usual hikvision passwords 12345, 123456789abc, 123456789a and my NVR password without luck.
i have tried the reset password hack key generator but get a 2022 error. i am using todays date which is correctly set in nvr, and i am just guessing is what the camera dates would therefore be (??).
attached is pic showing 1x camera online with 8 and 9 reflecting password error.
i suspect i'll have to use hikvision support. given that i got the cameras from a non reseller... will it be likely hikvision will give me issues. i have boxes, etc.
cheers for any help

Attachments

Reaction score
Hikvision has replied with xml files. One worked and the other didn't. I changed settings in sadp tool and got it work iing. Very simple now i know how. I have a dyndns to now setup... not using him connect.bis this easy enough?

Reaction score
Hikvision sorted them all out now and they are all up and running
Thanks again alistair for your assistance.