7716 NVR Recording Problem

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a 7716 for about 2 months with all HiKvision cameras. Installed (4) 4TB hard drives and 11 cameras set for continuous record. All was unicorns and rainbows.

Two weeks I installed a 12th camera and set up exactly the same as others. I keep getting a recording exception for CH12 and obviously that channel does not record. I swapped the cameras bewteen CH11 and CH12. Recording problem did not follow camera (stayed on CH12)

Four days ago, I noticed CH2 still had the record symbol, but NVR said there no record files when I tried playback.

NVR firmware was upgraded to latest -- Hikvision's only recommendation.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It may be that you are using all available resources with the 11 cameras.

It will probably still be recording all the cameras but only able to re-play 11 at a time. Try disabling one of the other cameras on playback and I expect your 12th camera will appear.

If this turns out to be the problem you can reduce the frame rate and or resolution over all of the cameras so that it will allow them all to show on replay. I find 8-10 framerate suitable for most normal circumstances.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It may be that you are using all available resources with the 11 cameras.

It will probably still be recording all the cameras but only able to re-play 11 at a time. Try disabling one of the other cameras on playback and I expect your 12th camera will appear.

If this turns out to be the problem you can reduce the frame rate and or resolution over all of the cameras so that it will allow them all to show on replay. I find 8-10 framerate suitable for most normal circumstances.
Thanks for the reply

I checked the total data rate and it is no more than 80Mbps. Spec says 100Mbps. I will lower resolution on all cameras just to see.

Still doesn't explain why CH2 now has a recording issue

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just re-read your reply.

I only try to replay a channel at a time

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got CH2 recording again by basically resetting the channel to "default", no record, no motion, etc. Re-installed camera and set up recording. Everything working okay on that channel. Cannot get CH12 to record, still getting record/capture exception. Hikvision tech support has been no help.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A Hikvision tech called and had me send config info. He discovered where I had turned off recording on that channel under the HDD menu (didn't even know I had). Stupid me. I had a issue with 3 of the channels stop recording. Lowered the record quality of 4 of the channels to see if that is the issue. to Hikvision for theie customer service.