8 camera system help

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you please recommend me new 8camera ip system . previously have some cheap analog system that give me nothing but troubles few of them did only black white and recorder was fried ,so now want to switch to ip..
it will be on my work place few smaller buildings close to one another ,where i cut stones etc ,and i had few thefts lately .
ive tried by myself to do it with vivotec ip design tool 8 and it looks like i need different lenns so will be be good to order varifocal lens
viewing distance for cameras are from 10 to 20 meters and with needed is from 10-15 meters ..height for cameras will be from 2.5 to 4 meters . if needed i can put additional ir lights and already have some motion detection led lights .
i read that dah and hik are good value for money so please can you them me which model would be good for my purpose .on work place have dsl with 10mb sec .
thank you !

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, after lot of reading i think im going with
6x H2.65 IPC-HFW4431R-Z 2.8mm ~12mm
2x IPC-HDW5231R-Z

NVR4208-8P-4K
is this good set up? and how big HDD drive ill have to be for 20 days recording

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
those 4431 series varifocals are pretty much junk IMHO; they are Chinese market models w/hacked firmware and very cheap hardware.. The 5231 Varifocals are amazing and worth every penny.

a pair of 4TB disks should get you roughly 20 days recording; but I'd put in a pair of 6TB disks so you have overhead to add more cams.

always buy a 16ch NVR; the cost difference now is negligible vs buying another NVR to add a single camera later.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
big thx nayr ..yes i read your thread about 5213 and looks amazing ...
what bullet camera would you recommend instead IPC-HFW4431R in similar price range ..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
why bullet?

I spent several hundred dollars this year on Daua 4MP Bullets; and I am already planning on scrapping all that work and replacing em with the 2MP Starlight Varifocals; damned the cost.. they perform well enough its worth it for me to re-do work I've already done to get the results Ive been striving for.. just do your self a favor and use all the starlight turrets if you can.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4of cameras need to mount on pole and all of them will be outside and other 4 on 4 corners of 20ft container that is my office ,so that's why i presume i need bullet ..+ have thunderstorms here and lot of times have damage from lightning and changing routers 1or twice per year and pc also ,so thinking its easier to unplug bullet cams ....

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I mounted a turret to the wide side of a 2x4 securely.. it did overhang but it was otherwise secured if looks are not important.

bullets are much easier to pole mount, I give you that.. but its doable with turrets; sounds like you need to build a 'birdhouse', basically a box ontop of your pole thats wide enough to hold all the turrets.. these are desired because you can stuff all the wiring and stuff inside the birdhouse and attach additional lighting if needed with plenty of space.. What kinda pole are we working with? You need something pretty stiff/rigid for Video Survelence use; swaying in the wind really fucks with video.. espcically when zoomed.

you'd unplug any cameras to avoid lightning damage inside, so thats moot.. all your connections outside will be waterproofed and sealed off, so it will be an ordeal to disconnect anything at the camera end after its all taped up... Ideally you should put some PoE Lightning arrestors like these before you re-enter your facilities: Amazon.com: Ethernet Surge Protector -Outdoor- for PoE+ Gigabit 1000Mbs - LAN Network Thunder Lighting Surge Protection Suppressor/Arrester - TP303 ...: Computers & Accessories

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really don't care for looks lol...its my work place ....
its not problem to me to build birdhouse to put the cameras inside ill do what is needed ..the poles are really thick metal ones maybe 10-15 cm diameter and are strong and stiff ,they dont move much maybe only when wind is to strong .
yes have big problem with lightnings because electricity cables for all city are passing trough air on poles right by my work place so lots of hits by lighting near by .had already thunder lighting surge protection ,but current just run trough it and ups also...but will try this one you recommend .....big thx nayr

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok ,im going to order from andy , 16ch NVR like you suggest big thx... and for now with 6 cams 5231 and later ill add more ...
one question whats the difference between IPC-HDW5431R-Z and IPC-HDW5231R-Z are they the same except 2mp vs 4mp ? i see in europe price of 5431 is double comparing to 5231 500+eur to 260eur'? and on andy store just small difference 15 eur...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IPC-HDW5431R-Z - 0.03 Lux - 4MP
IPC-HDW5231R-Z - 0.006 Lux - 2MP Starlight

the 2MP Starlight has much better low light capabilities and is the superior security camera.. dunno whats up with your pricing

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
big thx nayr , you're real saver ... i was comparing them last hour and didn't see any difference lol