8910w and wifi

cmccarter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a couple of 8910w older foscams. Both cameras have a tendency to drop their. WiFi connections. Signal level at both cameras is around. -55dbm which should be plenty. Also have a couple of other cameras on the same WiFi that work well and also a couple of cell phones but that's all so don't thinkni am overloading the tplink access point. All cameras are assigned permanent IP addresses. Any ideas

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah run a wire.. WiFi can never guarantee connectivity.. I can drop all your cams with an app on my phone as long as I am within range.

your microwave cooks at 2.4GHz, it could be dropping because your neighbors is making a chicken.. should be easier to run a wire than convince everyone around you to give up there microwave ovens.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a couple of Foscams that I tried to run wireless and it just didn't work well. I tried changing wifi channels and added an access point. Sometimes they would drop for a minute or 2 sometimes an hour or 2. I never could figure out what was causing the interference other than our microwave oven so I wired them up and they worked ok until I replaced them.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
+1 on the Foscam wireless lameness. Had an FI9900 that dropped off the wireless regularly before I got my act together to run ethernet...