90-100% High CPU with Low GPU... bug?

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated:
When BI runs as a service the problem just shows itself much quicker than when running normal user app.

Running Intel i5-6500T

Seeing constant 80-100% CPU all the time (floats around 90% usually)
A few versions back it was 50-60% and that was with higher FPS settings since I have tried setting the FPS lower to resolve the problems recently.

Running it as a normal user app, CPU is between 30-50%

- Same 1080p cameras I was using before.
- Intel QC on or off doesn't make a difference
- Network traffic (from ALL video streams) is between 10-20mbit so I cant see how that is stressing it.
- GPU between 16-20%, usually around 18% with Hardware Acceleration H.264 ON

I'm going to install a much older, recommended Intel video driver. Though seems like this is a problem with BI since I have 2 identical PCs - one without BI never has this issue and I run graphic and video intensive stuff all the time.

Last edited:

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have same problem, last week was really good 20% to 40%, this week 100%, I recheck my setup everything ok, this week I restarted my computer many times.

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
... NOPE cant install the driver recommended in that thread:

6th Generation (Skylake) / 7th Generation (Kaby Lake)
Driver Version 15.45.18.4664 is known to be good: <15.45.18.4664: Intel® Graphics Driver>

When I try it says it is not validted for my computer. My computer is a 6th Gen i5, 530 GPU.

chrisxp

n3wb
Reaction score
are you running 64bit windows?
Will 32bit fix this fenderman? I'm running BI in a VM on esxi 6.5 so can chop and change and reinstall etc.

Also, don't know which driver I'd choose since its virtualized. Its a poweredge T610 with 2x E5504 xeons

chrisxp

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there anything I can change in esxi to fix this? I had W10 32bit installed last night and was perfect, I now install 64bit W10 and CPU is 100% constant apart from a few spikes. Ps, I edited my post with CPUs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there anything I can change in esxi to fix this? I had W10 32bit installed last night and was perfect, I now install 64bit W10 and CPU is 100% constant apart from a few spikes. Ps, I edited my post with CPUs.
try going back a few versions...search "dropbox" for user uploaded update files...also avoid running a vm...its causes all sorts of weird issues...

chrisxp

n3wb
Reaction score
try going back a few versions...search "dropbox" for user uploaded update files...also avoid running a vm...its causes all sorts of weird issues...
Downloaded the 4.7.0.0 update and its halved the CPU %, its now down to 50% lol. Used to have BI in a VM around 4 months ago and it worked perfect and never had a problem with it, whats the issues like?

Should I roll back further than 4.7 for better CPU stats?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Downloaded the 4.7.0.0 update and its halved the CPU %, its now down to 50% lol. Used to have BI in a VM around 4 months ago and it worked perfect and never had a problem with it, whats the issues like?

Should I roll back further than 4.7 for better CPU stats?
the issues are like these unexplained problems...for example, I dont have this issue with the latest BI version..going back further will likely not help any.