A basic how do I install Blue Iris question

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I purchased and downloaded Blue Iris in November 2018 to install later on a Windows 10 PC. On my Linux PC at the time it appeared as bidl, identified as a DOS/Windows executable (application/x-ms-dos-executable).

Fast forward to today, and my EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF W10 Pro is primed and ready for Blue Iris. I double click on the bidl file I transferred to W10 downloads, and a window opens asking "How do you want to open this file" with several choices and at the end "look for another application on this PC".

What do I need to do to install Blue Iris? Help would be much appreciated

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I purchased and downloaded Blue Iris in November 2018 to install later on a Windows 10 PC. On my Linux PC at the time it appeared as bidl, identified as a DOS/Windows executable (application/x-ms-dos-executable).

Fast forward to today, and my EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF W10 Pro is primed and ready for Blue Iris. I double click on the bidl file I transferred to W10 downloads, and a window opens asking "How do you want to open this file" with several choices and at the end "look for another application on this PC".

What do I need to do to install Blue Iris? Help would be much appreciated
Just download it again to your windows PC from here: Download Blue Iris Then run the file.
Also, see these: Blue Iris Video Tutorials

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. I note my bidl named file is the same size as the blueiris.exe file I've just downloaded.
To install, do I select "Open" or "run as administrator".

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Many thanks, it's loaded.
I'm sure I'll have other questions that need answering in the near future.

Entering an area of my loft last week to plan an ethernet cable run, I found a small tear in the roofing felt. It must have been there for some years, no evidence of water ingress fortunately, but it will need my attention before water from melting roof snow finds a way in.
I could view this as an advantage of a CCTV installation, finding stuff on the house which needs attention.

Last edited: